We recently stayed at this hotel during the Scotties tournament. It was comparable price to the other chain hotels in the area, so we booked it because the pictures made it look very modern.
We were thrilled when we arrived! Our room (one of the suites) was VERY large and clean. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the desk between the living room and bedroom came in handy for dinners and board games. We loved the TV that rotates between the bedroom and living room. Rather than leave on Sunday after a two night stay as we originally booked, we loved it here so much we phoned the front desk before checking out and requested to stay an additional night.
We didn't take advantage of the complimentary breakfast because it appeared to be lots of white bread type stuff (muffins, croissants, waffles) and meats. It looked good, just not our style. Seemed to be very popular with families though and the breakfast room was clean and well decorated.
The pool area was small but did the trick for a quick splash around.
I can't see us ever needing to stay in Red Deer again (no offense to Red Deerians), but if we did I wouldn't even think of booking anywhere else. We were so pleasantly surprised!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a tranquil setting midway between Calgary and Edmonton, the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton™ Red Deer hotel is located at the south end of the city in "Gasoline Alley", a popular stop for passers-through, loaded with restaurants, cafés and pubs. We're also within walking distance to the Galaxy Cinemas, Westerner Grounds and less than 10 minutes from the downtown area and only five minutes from the Red Deer Regional Airport. Nicknamed "Park City", this area is abundant in walking, hiking, biking and horseback riding trails and offers plenty of unspoiled areas great for snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, bird watching and more. Get a taste of Red Deer's frontier heritage at Heritage Square and Fort Normandeau. Bask in the beauty of St. Mary's Church. Do some fishing at Sylvan or Gull lakes. Tee up at Alberta Springs Golf Course, just five miles away. Learn about some of Canada's best athletes at the Alberta Sports Hall of Fame, about 10 minutes from our hotel in Red Deer. How you spend your time is up to you! Discover a quaint rural setting with top urban amenities at the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Red Deer reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites By Hilton Red Deer
- Hampton Inn & Suites By Hilton Red Deer Hotel Red Deer
- Hampton Inn & Suites By Hilton Red Deer Alberta