Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Red Deer
US$89
US$85
US$93
US$85
Motel 6 Red Deer(Red Deer)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$86
US$81
US$109
US$147
US$97
Hotels.com
Black Knight Inn(Red Deer)
US$109
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgasoline alleygreat hotelcomplimentary breakfastrecommend this hotelhotel experienceexcellent breakfastking suitebreakfast staffthe breakfast areaexcellent stayclean roomseasy accessfresh fruitwould definitely stay here againoff the highwayhot tubbed was very comfortable
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I had a one night stay at this location and am happy a Hampton Inn has come to the Red Deer area. Service and comfort wise, the Hampton rates as a much better place to stay than the Seheraton, Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express and Red Deer lodge in the City of Red Deer.
Check in was quick andr perfunctory with no issues. There is plenty of free parking. The hotel is less than two years old and it still feels fresh. I was also upgraded upon check-in (I'm a Diamond Hilton Honors member), which was a nice touch. The suite I stayed in was a clone of the Lethbridge Hampton Inn (which opened at roughly the same time) suites. The beds are very comfortable with fresh linens. Wi-fi strength was strong in my room and I had no issues during my stay. Shower pressure in the rooms was great and there was no hint of noise from the highway during my stay.

Of special note is the morning breakfast hostess was warm and welcoming for everyone that came in for the free breakfast and I saw other guests respond positively to her also.

This hotel is ideally suited for people either in transit along the QE2 highway or don't mind a short commute into Red Deer. If you're familiar with the Red Deer highway exits, you'll find it easy to get to the major amenities in Red Deer from the hotel. For groups using Westerner Park for hockey tournaments, trade shows or special events this is a very accessible option to you if you have a car. However, if you want to stay close to amenities or Red Deer's nightlife, this may not be your best option if you don't have a vehicle.

Two small things to note for the hotel, since the general manager is monitoring postings. I hope the hotel will consider bringing in Pay Per View options. The Red Deer movie theatre is within a two minute drive but it doesn't match the comfort of watching a newer movie in a room. I fear services like Netflix and itunes has made this less desirable. The second thing is a fairly simple thing. The front desk should keep a decent cork screw/bottle opener at its desk. While I understand the reluctance to encourage rowdier groups from drinking in the rooms, a glass of wine on a wintry night while relaxing in one's room goes a long way for weary travelers. The free disposable corkscrew offered at the front desk is not always ideal for newer synthetic corks and I've stayed at other hotels that do this simple thing that makes my stay better.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank game_misconduct
Brittany184, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2012

Thank you for posting your pleasant review of our hotel, we really appreciate the feedback and positive comments! We also appreciate your loyalty to the HHonors program as a Diamond member, the highest ranking you can achieve! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay in the King Studio Suite, and I will certainly pass along your nice comments about our breakfast hostess. I am sure she’ll be happy to know her efforts are appreciated! As for the Pay Per View channels, we are upgrading to High-Definition TV and may look at Pay Per View in the future. We will be getting free upgraded movie channels however. I also appreciate your comment about having some better corkscrews/bottle openers available upon request. This is an excellent suggestion and we can certainly have a few available to guests! Thanks again, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 21, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel during the Scotties tournament. It was comparable price to the other chain hotels in the area, so we booked it because the pictures made it look very modern.
We were thrilled when we arrived! Our room (one of the suites) was VERY large and clean. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the desk between the living room and bedroom came in handy for dinners and board games. We loved the TV that rotates between the bedroom and living room. Rather than leave on Sunday after a two night stay as we originally booked, we loved it here so much we phoned the front desk before checking out and requested to stay an additional night.
We didn't take advantage of the complimentary breakfast because it appeared to be lots of white bread type stuff (muffins, croissants, waffles) and meats. It looked good, just not our style. Seemed to be very popular with families though and the breakfast room was clean and well decorated.
The pool area was small but did the trick for a quick splash around.
I can't see us ever needing to stay in Red Deer again (no offense to Red Deerians), but if we did I wouldn't even think of booking anywhere else. We were so pleasantly surprised!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bebemalla
Brittany184, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2012

Thank you for posting your lovely review of our hotel, I am so glad you chose to stay with us during the Scotties Tournament of Hearts and even extended your stay an extra night! I am happy to hear you enjoyed the king studio suite and modern décor. The breakfast does have other options as well such as fresh fruit, fruit salad, oatmeal, eggs, yogurt and more. Thanks again for the great recommendation!

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Nice good clean room with free internet. Friendly staff and very helpful.

Room Tip: Away from elevator.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank johancanada

Thank you so much for posting your warm review of our hotel, I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope we will see you again when you’re in Red Deer!

Reviewed February 6, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay. The hotel is very new and clean. The rooms are modern and large with comfortable beds. The complimentary breakfast exceeded my expectations given there is no restaurant. When I made my reservation I was not pleased with the scripted, cranky lady who answered the phone but the rest of the staff were pleasant. Really nice hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank CalgaryK
Brittany184, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel, we appreciate the feedback. I am so glad to see you had a great experience with us and enjoyed our modern décor, the clean & fresh beds and the complimentary breakfast! I hope you will stay with us again when doing business in Red Deer!

Reviewed February 4, 2012

A standard HGI. Nice, clean and simple. Staff was very nice and everything was pretty efficient. Not a full service hotel so there's no in room dining or restaurant but the breakfast is pretty good for a HGI.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jurajfox

Thank you for posting your warm review of our hotel. I am happy to hear you had a pleasant experience with our friendly staff, the breakfast and the hotel in general. I hope you will stay with us again when you’re in Red Deer!