“Quick Lunch”

Cuisines: Indian, International, Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2016

Walked in for a quick lunch. Good food. Decent Menu options. Food is cooked fresh in front of you. Very Very reasonably priced. Quick service.

1  Thank Lawrence P

Reviewed February 12, 2016

So it is not the biggest in town - but it IS fresh - and Tasty - the subtle flavors in the food is evidence of care taken to make everything individual dish taste unique.

We recommend Edgar restaurant as a casual place to have a refreshing Indian meal

1  Thank Gord H
Reviewed July 4, 2015

Arrived 6pm last night Friday 3rd july , the place was empty which made me immediately suspicious and dubious as to what our standards of food we were to expect . As a Brit , I am well educated on the art of a good Indian curry , I have lived in Red Deer 8 years and tried all of its Indian food establishments . I will talk about the curry part later .
Firstly , my Partner and Son had their so-called and renowned Chicken wings along with a Kiddies Chicken Meal for our Grandchild , Which were overcooked and bland and unappetising , hardly any meat on the wings and dry as the Sahara Desert .. even the kiddies chicken was well overcooked .. A BAD NIGHT FOR THE CHICKEN .. the service was also poor as to asking several times for our water glasses to be re-filled . Now my turn , I had ordered Chicken Curry ( hot ) rice and naan bread which on its website states $16 , only to be informed that the price is incorrect and that I had to pay extra for the Naan , am not too bothered about the extra price of afew bucks for the naan ,but its the principle , surely , fix your prices , advertise those prices and any changes should be stated accordingly . THE CURRY , one of the best I have had in Canada , the sauce , the consistency , the chicken all very good indeed . My only criticism , the rice was sparse but ok , the naan just ok , although not plentiful . So I would return again but only for the Indian side of its cuisine . The wings on this occasion were a huge disappointment ... BON APPETIT ...

3  Thank Hugh199
Reviewed March 12, 2015

Working in Edgar Industrial I go to Edgar Restaurant on a regular basis and am always happy with my meal and the service. For lunch I have tried burgers, wraps, quesadilla, samosas, and all have been great. If you call and order ahead, your meal is always ready on time.

I often order off the Indian menu and grab it to go on the way home. I've ordered samosa, pakora, chicken tikka, butter chicken, aloo gobhi, mutter paneer, shahi paneer, various rice and stuffed naan and have not been disappointed to date. I like that you can chose your heat preference and generally stick with mild or medium.

I find the pricing is much better than other indian restaurants in the area, and service is always great.

1  Thank CandyFudge
Reviewed March 11, 2015

My wife and I went here for dinner. They had a typical western menu but we opted for the Indian fare. We had two veg main dishes, coconut rice, Roti, Paratha and beers. The food and service were both excellent. All the food had a hearty homemade quality. Not too heavy or greasy. Just right. The Roti and paratha was made fresh just as it should be.

We were asked how spicy the cook should make our meals. We chose medium but we could have likely handled hot.

The portions were reasonable. In a world where Indian food is getting ridiculously expensive, their prices were very reasonable. We also appreciated that a main dish comes with the requisite naan, roti or rice at no extra charge. We ordered extra paratha and rice which were very economical. There is nothing I hate more than $5 rice and $4 naan. I think the roti and paratha were only $1.50 each. The coconut rice (which was great) was only 3 bucks.

2  Thank Cee B