Liard Hot Springs Lodge
US$174
US$198
US$191
  • Restaurant
Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites(Victoria)
US$206
US$200
US$317
US$295
Suttonplace.com
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$350
US$290
US$279
Delta Hotels
  • Pool
Best Western Tin Wis Resort(Tofino)(Great Value!)
US$241
US$202
Agoda.com
Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa(Harrison Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
US$108
  • Beachfront
Spirit Ridge(Osoyoos)(Great Value!)
US$178
All reviewshome madeunder new managementstayed for two nightsenjoyed the hot springswarm roomrustic lodgehome cookingsmall storethe managersa great experiencewinterwhitehorsetelevisionriver
Reviewed September 29, 2011

We had been driving all day and were looking for someplace to spend the night. The lodge looked fine from the outside but once we got to our room we were horrified.The room was tiny, hardly fitting for two adults. The bed was only a double and the wall sloped in such a way that you had to duck to make it to the bed. The bedding seemed clean but everything else was not. It looked like the whole room could do with a good dusting and the carpet was so filthy I kept my socks on. The bathroom was small and the floor tiles were coming off. To add insult to injury, we had to pay $125.00 for the night and this place was in no way worth it. In the morning the restaurant didn't open until 8 so we and most of the other guests packed up and left.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mouselady
Reviewed May 12, 2011

I was very surprised by how run down the place was. I have stayed here before, the management must have changed or something.

• Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank boocharlie2
Reviewed January 26, 2011

The hotel recently decided to no longer accept dogs, claiming that it is in order to keep the rooms "clean". Well, I don't know what happened with new management, but the hotel was much cleaner when pets were allowed! Our room was filthy and reeked of smoke.

As for the restaurant, bacon in breakfast was bad... As in having sat in oil for 3 months. Staff denied it, and didn't do anything to fix it. Waitress looked like she had partied all night and couldn't have cared less about us, or anybody for that matter.

This property would have the potential to be amazing, and was very good for many years. Too bad new management is taking it to the ground!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank whistlerCA
Reviewed January 5, 2011

I'll be honest I can't speak to the quality of the rooms here, but as for the restaurant, staff, and hot springs stay tuned.

For the best part first. The Liard hot springs have been and continue to be the most beautiful, most outstanding, and absolute BEST hot springs my wife and I have EVER experienced!!! A must stop even if only for 5 mins. My wife and I heard about them from a friend and thought we check it out on our speedy drive to Whitehorse. We only planned to take a 10-15 min dip but ended up being there almost 2 hrs. The setting is all natural with only a wooden walkway, deck and change room. Not like typical hot springs that are more like a swimming pool sized hot tub. Here you're actually walking on crushed river rock. Really my wife and I can't say enough about this place! We'll be stopping again in about a week when we drive back through.

Ok the food at the restuarant was basic but good and a fair price. And the staff were friendly. But bring your own towel! Or they'll charge you $10/towel to rent theirs!

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank Whitnip
Reviewed September 7, 2010

A very nice setting and a great location. We read where they re-opened this spring so we made reservations to spend a night on our way back from Anchorage.

Sadly it wasn't everything their web site described. The pictures didn't give a true idea of what the rooms were like. Now it is possible the other rooms were better. Our room was #11. After checkin we headed up to the room. At the top landing you could see the staining of the carpets. Maybe just the main hall. Into the room and things just went downhill. The bed was small and just didn't give the appearance of being clean. The room was set in a window alcove, so low ceilings. I mean like the "bump your head" at night kind of ceilings. The bathroom had a vinyl sliding door and was not in the best of shape.

We decided that we just couldn't stay there. We are not fussy people, honest. On this trip we spent 37 days on the road in a car, so every night was in a B&B, lodge or hotel.

I would suggest that if you plan to stay here, ask to see your room first.

The staff seemed pleasant, but didn't know alot about the amenities. They were very nice in providing our credit back. For us, we'll never plan another stay there, you know what they say about first impressions!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple