“Another great dinner!”

Sawmill TapHouse and Grill
Ranked #6 of 41 Restaurants in Chemainus
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Description: Welcome to the Sawmill Taphouse & Grill, the home of good food for good people. Located in Chemainus Village Square the Sawmill offers a unique selection of Northwest Pacific craft beers, fresh Italian style wood fired pizzas and slow cooked smoked meat. Vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options are all available. Come on in for a birthday, corporate function or to just kick back with friends after a long day.
Reviewed April 29, 2017 via mobile

The Sawmill Taphouse does not disappoint!! We had a group of 7 on what seemed to be a very busy night, and we had excellent service. Drinks and appies came quickly. We were told the main courses would be a bit of a wait, but it wasn't too long at all. Our hostess and server were very professional and we had an excellent time! The citrus beer (#16 is amazing!!!!)

SamHiggs, General Manager at Sawmill TapHouse and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2017

Thank you for dining with us and we are happy to hear you had such a good time with us! Lots of beers to try, awesome you were able to find a favourite!

Reviewed April 26, 2017

We held a fundraising event with 120ppl in the newly created event space at the Sawmill TapHouse and Grill. The venue was spectacular with very modern décor, professional staff and excellent food. I would highly recommend the event venue for any large group gatherings or meeting events. The venue is set up for all AV needs including projector, music, and microphone. The bar was stocked well and the spirits were amazing! The location is perfect to Chemainus and Ladysmith. Couldn't ask for a more professional, engaging and excellent staff and experience - I will be booking this amazing venue for future parties! Sam Higgs took care of all our group needs with ease and professionalism!

Thanks again for joining us and thank you for the kind words. We are so excited to have the space and look forward to hosting yourself and others in the future!

Reviewed April 18, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stopped by for dinner on Easter Monday. It was not very busy. We were greeted as soon as we walked in by very friendly staff. We shared their 3 appies for $18. and a salad. They were all excellent and it was more than enough for dinner for 2. Brandy our server was awesome, very attentive and genuine. As were the other staff as well. A very warm and comfortable atmosphere! This was our third time at the Sawmill and we have been equally impressed each time!!!

1  Thank Deb E
SamHiggs, General Manager at Sawmill TapHouse and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2017

So good to hear that you continue to have a good experience with us Deb! Appies as a dinner for two is a great idea, sharing is caring. Come see us again anytime, our staff are always happy to see you.

Reviewed April 16, 2017 via mobile

I stopped in for dinner on Easter Sunday after visiting the Theatre. Problem 1....how to find the entrance. Confusing. After asking the Pharmsave guy...I finally found the front door. I was seated quickly and although their drink menu is mostly beer (it IS a tap house after all and it does feature a long wall of brews in tap) I ordered a Peach Bellini. It's not that I was expecting some chain restaurant drink, but I was expecting it to be cold rather than tepid. Since I hadn't had lunch everything looked good. I chose the pork taco appy's - they come in a trio. Should have mentioned in the menu that they are mini- tacos. I was still a little hungry so ordered the Pinot rose. The waitress was cheerful with lots of knowledge about their small wine choice. I also added a tapas side of Bruschetta to satisfy my hunger. Bottom line...the food portions are small for the price and although the food was good, it could be better. A few tweaks would turn both the tacos and the bruschetta into really good items. The service is excellent - they clearly want their customers to be happy - so my experience, service- wise was excellent. I would come back if I'm the area because of the vine and the service. The pizza was clearly a favourite in the place... so maybe...worth a second try.

SamHiggs, General Manager at Sawmill TapHouse and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2017

We would love to have you visit again Annette, a tepid Bellini is difficult to enjoy. We are always looking to provide our guests with the best experience possible and are sure that we can find something on our menu that you would enjoy as much as our service.

Reviewed April 13, 2017

A lovely place to eat, not too far from home, and always something yummy on the menu for vegetarians and pescatarians. My husband, who is a carnivore, loves the ribs and the great selection of beers.
We have brought several groups of out-of-towners here for meals, and the response is always positive, no matter our guests' age or food preference.
Close enough to the Chemainus Festival Theatre to grab a bite before the show!

1  Thank rykie2016
SamHiggs, General Manager at Sawmill TapHouse and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2017

Thanks for showing us off to friends and family! Grabbing some food and catching a show at the theatre is a recipe for a good time. Thanks for being such a nice neighbour and we look forward to seeing you around!