“Wow just shocked ”

Red Rooster Diner
Ranked #3 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Chemainus
Price range: US$4 - US$16
Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

So my husband and I drive up about once a week for our Sunday brunch about an hours both ways for some of the best food on the island. The past few visits have been concerning. This was one of the last restaurants that were consistent with really good food where as of late they have completely dropped the ball. We both ordered the loaded omelette and my husbanded had a bowl of soup for starts, he said the noodles in the sound were just disintegrating and the sound flavour was "ok" ; but not what were used to having for the red rooster. My omelette was runny throughout poor flavour and the hash brown were like eating mush no crunch it was like they boiled the hash browns, toast was cold but they still have the best homemade jams......

So needles to say this meal was nasty but because I enjoy the people there and they normally have been great I'll give it one last shot if it's nasty then that's it.... we'll have to find a new spot.

3  Thank Chantel W

Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

Excellent. Great food, great service, reasonable prices. Visit often. Never disappointed. Wish it was closer to home.

Thank J. O. L
Reviewed 4 October 2016

The food is always excellent, plentiful, not expensive and comes fast. The staff is the friendliest, and they are not opposed to accommodating requests. Lots to choose from, and a clean comfortable setting.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

The service was ok, but the food was disgusting. Our fries were overdone and greasy and our chicken burgers was luke warm. The pie was less than appetizing. Would not go back. Third time still unlucky.

5  Thank S9223
Reviewed 23 June 2016

this place was recommended to us as a good value place for good food. We were not disappointed.
The service was good and the server was really friendly. We had the special and believe me there was too much to eat and I like to eat.
The pricing was good as well so all in all was a great deal.
The server also advised that their breakfasts were excellent as well. We might have to try that as well.
We also went next door to the gas station and tried their soft serve icecream cones with 24 flavours that was good as well.