“no taste”

Red Rooster Diner
Ranked #3 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Chemainus
Price range: US$4 - US$16
Reviewed 6 May 2017

Had a very large, messy tasteless burger with soggy fries. Service was good, prices not bad. Disappointing.

3  Thank Paul88b

Reviewed 23 April 2017

Easy access just off the Trans Canada.
Plenty of parking.
Good food, fast service, exactly what you'd expect from a diner.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

We had lunch at the Red Rooster Diner for the second time after a hike to Bannon Falls. Situated at the FasGas right beside a farmers market, the servings are very generous and the food is excellent. I have tried 2 of their Korean specialities and they were both very good. The burgers, sandwiches and soup were also rated highly by the group. Very reasonable price for the Jackson Triggs house wine (one of my favorite house wines). Service was very prompt, food came quickly and staff were very pleasant and attentive.

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

So my husband and I drive up about once a week for our Sunday brunch about an hours both ways for some of the best food on the island. The past few visits have been concerning. This was one of the last restaurants that were consistent with really good food where as of late they have completely dropped the ball. We both ordered the loaded omelette and my husbanded had a bowl of soup for starts, he said the noodles in the sound were just disintegrating and the sound flavour was "ok" ; but not what were used to having for the red rooster. My omelette was runny throughout poor flavour and the hash brown were like eating mush no crunch it was like they boiled the hash browns, toast was cold but they still have the best homemade jams......

So needles to say this meal was nasty but because I enjoy the people there and they normally have been great I'll give it one last shot if it's nasty then that's it.... we'll have to find a new spot.

2  Thank Chantel W
Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

Excellent. Great food, great service, reasonable prices. Visit often. Never disappointed. Wish it was closer to home.

Thank J. O. L