See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The sun lotus guesthouse allowed me to come up and be part of the family for 8 weeks. I had an extraordinary time there. I noticed a couple other reviews pointing out... In very rude ways, the rustic conditions of the guesthouse. I must say that this is certainly a property that is wayy out in the woods, do not expect to not find bugs or have your own private bathroom. However The owners are a lovely couple with a fun and inspiring daughter and have amazing energy and stories to offer. I helped setup the Tipi myself and slept in it and it was truely magical! I have only fond memories of doing yoga and enjoying the beautiful environment. Not to mention the beautiful pond with island.

Room tip: The inside rooms in the house are perhaps the best but the bunkhouse is a nice choice too!
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We often go to sunlotus to enjoy their lovely gatherings including dancing, meditating and chanting. For fun in the sun we paddle around in their small lake and go tubing down the Cowichan river. A place of loving compassion in a relaxed atmoshere that is fun for children too !
Go see for yourself it will be worth it !

Room tip: The Tipi is our favourit sleeping accomadation, privately located at the edge of the small lake
Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I came to Sun Lotus weary from two months of travelling and knowing only what Sky tv's fitness channel had to say about yoga. I left two weeks later noticeably more flexible, well rested and inspired to live a healthier and less wasteful life. Sun Lotus is so much more than your average B&B. The grounds are beautiful and the space is calming. Anita and Paul are fun hosts and their passion for yoga and spirituality is infectious. The yoga studio is a wonderful building with floor to ceiling windows looking out over the lawn and small lake. If yoga is not enough of a pull to this place, then the food should be. Anita is an amazing cook, and Paul isn't bad either!!! Every meal is a vegetarian taste sensation, so many interesting ingredients and inventive recipes. I left with a whole pile of recipes to try and recreate at home. The location is out of town and some of the accommodation is rustic but this just adds to its charm. Come and you will enjoy.

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I stayed at sun lotus for 3 weeks on a work/stay program and had a fantastic time. Anita and Paul are great hosts, they welcomed us into their home, providing a truly relaxing environment, fascinating conversations and some of the best food I have tasted! I came as a beginner to yoga, and left totally hooked! They were both awesome teachers, openly sharing their experiences and really opening my eyes to the benefits of a yogic lifestyle. The house and grounds are beautiful, surrounded by nature at its best...no better place to unwind and feel at peace. Days spent doing yoga in the studio with lovely views across the lake and trees, hiking or cycling; evenings spent chatting by the fire pit, dancing, singing and generally having a wonderful time. Thank you so much for such a special unique experience!

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed here twice in 2011 and must say that I found the place to be absolutely charming. The land on which the house is set is very picturesque and tranquil. Nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city and unwind here. The whole venue is very unique. Hosts Paul and Anita are lovely people, who will be sure to make you feel at home.Both have some wonderful stories to tell which they will gladly do around the fire pit any given evening. Their daughter Ginger is a fun loving kid who comes out with some of the funniest things I have ever heard. Book this venue for a completely unique, beautiful and unforgettable wedding day. If Sun Lotus wasn't so far away from me here in Europe I would try get there as often as I could throughout the year. Truly gods country. J

Date of stay: March 2012