See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 26, 2018

I recently had to find a hotel for a friend who we had to put up until he got a bed up in Nanaimo. He ended up with 3 ambulance calls in a row at the motel, only to get discharged until the last call where they found an abscess on his brain. Doug was extremely empathetic and kind, instead of kicking him out because brain patients wander, etc. He was worried more about my friend (who ended up having emergency brain surgery last Friday) than his hotel or business. He said to me when I thanked him that he was a humanitarian. It’s clean and simple, but sweet and has a lovely pool. I can’t thank Doug and his family enough because they had to help my friend quite a bit as I found out. Above and beyond. I highly recommend this hotel if you just want a simple clean and well priced place
Sarah Abbott

Room Tip: Even though it’s on the trans Canada highway, the rooms are situated on the side and block out the noise of vehicles
Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank namastegirls
FalconNest2015, Manager at Falcon Nest Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

We spent one night on our way to the airport in Victoria. The owner/manager was helpful in directing us to a nearby restaurant for dinner. The motel provided basic accommodation with a comfortable bed.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
FalconNest2015, Manager at Falcon Nest Motel, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2018

we are making lots of changes to this property ,,
i hope you return in the future to see the progress,

Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

Full confession: we did not stay at this motel. We booked it based on the reviews we read and the price. When we arrived we asked to see our room before we checked in. We were traveling with our dog so we were given the keys to their ‘pet friendly’ room. It was sparse to say the least. It was clean. A double bed in the room, one chair and little else. The room had not been updated in a long time. We usually look for good value motels but they need to have a few amenities, perhaps a picture on the wall, bedside tables and lamps. This room did not meet these standards so I went back to the front desk and informed the manager that we would not be staying there. He accepted the key back without argument and we were on our way. We did find a room at a nearby motel at minimally more cost and with much nicer decor. If all you are looking for is a bare-bones room at a modest price this motel would be fine. There are better deals to be had elsewhere however.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2017 via mobile

So last minute we needed a place. It was late. Called and one room left. Very skeptical with rate so inexpensive and everywhere else filled (except Super 8 and another one with bad rating)
Wow! Well we arrived such friendly owner operators! The room was comfy and had kitchenette too ☺️
Definitely recommend.
Not fancy but clean, comfortable and more than adequate.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank d s
FalconNest2015, Manager at Falcon Nest Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2017

thank you for your review,,it was very accurate and appreciated
we welcome your return

Reviewed August 31, 2016 via mobile

I was amazed on how clean this motel is. Great service,very friendly office staff.the pool was very refreshing.would recommend this motel to anyone.will be staying here every time I come to Duncan.and the best part is it's cheap.thankyou falcon nest for the great stay we had there

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tinabowls
FalconNest2015, Manager at Falcon Nest Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2016

thank you for your review..glad you enjoyed yourself..we will see you soon..