All reviews fork restaurant front desk room was clean conference room lots of parking the pub stay there again good size on site recommend this hotel couple of nights whipped cream enjoyed our stay hotel is located in town dara highway
Reviewed August 20, 2018

My wife and I stayed while visiting family nearby. This hotel is average. The hotel is located in the city of Duncan, on the highway. The rooms have been updated the best they can and were clean and tidy. The bed was comfortable. It is an older hotel and is actually more like a 2 story motel as the access was up a flight of stairs on the outside of the building. Disappointed that on the first day the hot water was not working, unable to have a shower and when I told the front counter they didn't seem surprised or eager to make it up to us. Hot water was back up and running the second day with no further issues. Air conditioning worked well which was awesome with the heat at the time. The small bar attached to the hotel was having an event and there were surprisingly no issues with noise. Staff was helpful otherwise and polite.

Room tip: If accessibility is an issue, make sure to request something on the ground level.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2018

The staff was very helpful, is the only good thing about this Hotel. My husband is 91 and walks with a cane and very unstable on his feet. I am 83 and need oxygen 24/7 so we must travel with extra equipment. We were parked at the side of the building and our room was on the inside of the bottom level. Equipment (night time oxygen, walker, oxygen tanks, luggage etc.) had to be carried past several cars and 3 rooms. The pavement was not very even and without a great deal of care my husband could have fallen so the burden of carrying all equipment was my responsibility, a very tiring job when you are on oxygen and have terminal cancer. When we got to the room there was a step up to a very small room so I had to help my husband in and out and find room for all the equipment. We had to request a safety mat for the bathtub, we carry out own safety bars in order to shower. In defense of the Hotel they did not know our situation and we did not know the hotel so that we could have requested a room where we could park the car at the door. This hotel is for the very young and do not recommend it for elderly people.
Thelma Lysne

Reviewed August 17, 2018

Stayed here for a friends wedding! We enjoyed our room and the staff were very nice and friendly! They have a couple restaurants. We ate at the pub, they had games and a pool table to play on. Awesome food there and cheap beer! Would recommend

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed July 5, 2018

My experience at this hotel was considerably better than expected from the exterior appearance. The staff were friendly, very helpful and courteous. They went the extra distance to make my stay a good one. The room was very clean, a good size and well maintained.

Room tip: My room facing the courtyard was quiet, in spite of the hotel's location on the highway.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Catherine K, Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Duncan Cowichan Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2018

Linda S, Thank you for taking the time to give us such lovely feedback about your stay. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and we are happy to hear that the staff took such great care of you. Thank you for staying with us at the Ramada Duncan, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 21, 2018

The Ramada used to be a Travel Lodge and has the standard motel feel. Rooms are fine - beds comfortable, everything works. The cleaning could be better - coffee station wasn't restocked, no stir sticks or cups left. Also, when we checked in, there was a dirty facecloth still in the tub.

Having said that, Staff were very friendly and the grounds were well-kept.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

007_nic, Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to the Cowichan Valley and for providing feedback. We are pleased to hear that you found the staff very friendly, the beds comfortable and everything in working order. I apologize for the housekeeping issues you experienced. I have taken note of your comments and shared them with our housekeeping team to make necessary improvements accordingly.
Thank you again for sharing and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.