“Biked for lunch”

Alderlea Farm and Cafe
Ranked #1 of 113 Restaurants in Duncan
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Description: Organic and biodynamic farm and cafe. A real farm to table restaurant.
Reviewed September 10, 2017

We rode our bikes from the Kinsol Trestle to the farm. It was an hour's ride. We made a reservation to make sure we sat outside but it wasn't necessary. Most of us had the soup,salad and bread combo. Very fresh and homemade. The burgers were also good too. Not too big. Very funky and picturesque scenery.

Date of visit: September 2017
Write a reviewReviews (172)

Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

Five adults and two children were easily accommodated at their large family style tables. The food is delicious! Best pizza I've had in a long long time! I would match it to pizza I've eaten in Italy. We also had soups and salads-- fresh and delicious!! The atmosphere is beautiful. Lots of toys for kids to play with and watch the animals both near (the pigs ate the veg prep scrap much to the children's delight) and far (cows in the fields). I highly recommend this casual restaurant for families as well as individuals or romantic couples. It's relaxing and beautifully done.

Reviewed August 23, 2017

I have been coming to eat here with my family for the last year or so. This is where we bring guests and visitors when we want to show them how great life in Duncan is. The food is beautiful, fresh and alive, much like the owners of Alderlea, John and Katy. The prices are very reasonable and portions are enough to stuff me every time. Most of all, the quality and care that goes into growing and preparing this food that makes it's way onto our plates, is outstanding! I can barely fathom eating out anywhere else, when nothing I come across is comparable. The scenery is wonderfully serene, while this restaurant is very kid friendly with space outside for them to play. I have never seen children getting antsy and going crazy here. It must be the spacious, wonderful setting.
Something as simple as a salad is presented in a large bowl and adorned with flowers and seasonal berries and such from their land. I can't say enough about this place. It feels like a second home, except with better meals!

Reviewed August 20, 2017

We had a group of 16 celebrating a 40th anniversary, with the very young to seniors,, and Alderlea was a great spot! They were accommodating and the food was served quickly. The kids enjoyed the pigs and we enjoyed that they enjoyed the pigs!

Highly recommended.

Reviewed August 20, 2017

Beautiful rural setting but the real gem is the lady behind it all--Katie and the fantastic, fresh and wholesome food that she cooks and her ability to accommodate any diet--gluten free, dairy free etc. We have had lunches and dinners here numerous times over the past few years and have always been "wowed" by her excellent and most reasonably priced menu. The Alderlea Farm and Cafe is a true treasure of the Cowichan Valley...