“Great service, even better food!”
Review of Mangia e Scappa

Mangia e Scappa
Get food delivered
Ranked #15 of 23 Restaurants in Fort Langley
Price range: US$16 - US$31
Reviewed November 30, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I came here for out weekly date night last night and we're both thoroughly impressed!

She ordered the gnocchi in gorgonzola cream sauce and I had the fettuccine with sausage. Both meals tasted fresh and were full of flavour (I will say the gnocchi stole the show and I snuck more than a couple of bites off her plate)

Our server was delightful and very knowledgeable about the menu (we found out all the pasta was made in house!). Even the owner came around to check on us.

Overall we were both very happy with our evening and will definitely be back for another date night sooner than later!

1  Thank HappyChappy1337
Write a reviewReviews (174)

Reviewed November 27, 2016 via mobile

3 families out for lunch, had their soup of the day, potato and zucchini tasteless. Pizza were thin crust, wood fired, but greasy and $20. Awful. Has a small deli area and, browsing after lunch, it seemed the owners were watching us like we were going steal something???? Very odd, it was more like they stole from us to the tune of $300.

5  Thank derstone
Reviewed November 22, 2016

Very nice décor, the food was average, the service was prompt and friendly. Wine was expensive for the quality.

Reviewed November 11, 2016 via mobile

Went here tonight with my fiance. I had the gnocchi bolognese, he had the calzone. We both were utterly unimpressed. The food lacked flavour, the gnocchi tasted as if it was boiled in unsalted water, and the bolognese sauce tasted as if it came from a jar off the shelf. For $18, it should have had depth of flavour, not flat tomato with hunks of flavourless meat. The calzone, although looking large and impressive, was cut open to reveal meagre offerings that were also flavourless and bland. He stated that it tasted like low quality food in a high quality atmosphere, also at a cost of $18. We would not recommend anyone to go here under its current management of food. The staff were acceptable although standoffish and borderline rude when we initially arrive.

4  Thank tbev88
Reviewed October 27, 2016

Went here for lunch today for one of my friends birthday.
Another friend & I shared the pizza,neither of us were impressed.There was nothing on it for $20 but then I hear thats what real Italian pizza is like.They brag about how they cook it in a wood oven......we could not taste or see anything different....so who knows?? 2 friends had the panini,apparantly they were much better.
The coffee was good.If I ever went back,which I doubt,I would just have coffee & dessert.

Date of visit: October 2016