“Gourmet Waste of Time”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Vancouver, Canada
“Gourmet Waste of Time”
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I am not an impatient person. However, this was by far the worst experience ever. It took them forever to seat our group of 5, although there was plenty of seating available in the restaurant. The servers avoided eye contact at all times and would mutter at us to wait, and never come back to see what you wanted.

The rest of the restaurant was empty except a few other tables - yet everyone was lustfully staring in the direction of the kitchen - that should have been our first clue. We went there just before noon, and waited a complete, full HOUR for our food - and they hadn't even STARTED making our order. In fact, the customers that were there waiting before we arrived still did not get served. I wonder how difficult it is to put 5 frozen hamburger patties into the oven? Apparently very.

By the time we actually caught someone that worked there, and by the time they rudely told us that no, our order had not even been started, we realized that it was hopeless. No water refills, no complimentry bread, no apologies. We wasted the whole morning waiting for a meal that didn't exist.

When we were leaving, the server gave us attitude and honestly made our group pay a grand total of $2.00 for tea.

We then ended up eating at McDonalds.

Seriously, if this restaurant is still in business the next time I visit Harrison Hot Springs, I will be sorely disappointed.

• Visited August 2011

Toronto, Canada
“An hour and a half later, still no food”
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I wish I can describe how the food was, but I didn't get a chance to try it after an hour and a half at the restaurant.

There were 5 of us that walked in at 11:15am for some breakfast, 3 tables already sitting down - one was a rather large group (maybe 8?) and a table of 4 and 2. It took the server till 11:40 before finally coming to us and asked for our order. Don't get me wrong, they look busy but she walked past us casually about .5-6 times while ignoring us trying to get her attention each time.

I ordered a tea with my breakfast, which only came after 20 minutes because i requested it. At 12:45 we couldnt handle it anymore, the table of 8 was finally served but the other two tables were still waiting on their food as well, so we asked them how the food was coming along only to be told that they have NOT even gotten around to it!! We were really upset by this time and said to cancel as we were going to leave... the lady chased after me with my 2.50 tea bill.

NEVER HAVE I EVER WAITED THAT LONG FOR FOOD BUT I HAVE NEVER SEEN RUDER AND LAZIER WAITRESSES.

• Visited August 2011
Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
“We won't be back”
Reviewed 11 October 2010

With only three other tables in the restaurant you wouldn't think it would take 45 minutes to make two meals - but it did. We arrived at 6 pm (a bit late with a 2 year old but in slow season we figured dinner would be relatively quick) and did not see our meals until 6:45; they must have been slaughtering the veal for the schnitzel. The food itself was average - a point proven by the schnitzel we had the next day down the street. With so few restaurants to choose from in Harrison it seems that you can get away with average food and charge full prices - not in our books.

1 Thank ChrisD76
Vancouver
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not too good”
Reviewed 10 May 2010

Too expensive for what they offer. Portion are very big, but the food is not tasty. We had soup of the day that was OK, but the schnitzel and pasta was very greasy. At the end they charge as more then the list price, because we don't speak English very well, I think(we are tourists from Europe)

Vancouver, BC
“It is a great place”
Reviewed 1 September 2009

This is the second time we went to this restaurant at Harrison Hot Springs. I think this place is a hidden gem. It is at the further end of the street (pass the round-about on Esplanade Ave) and maybe that is why not too many visitors notice it. They have really good and authentic Schnitzel. I had a St. Moritz and my husband had a St. Gallen Schnitzel and they are both really good. The portion is great. I could not finish my dish. For appetizer, we had escargot and it was quite yummy too. It also has a patio seating area which overlooks the lake. I would totally recommend people to give it a try.