Lowest prices for your stay
US$111
US$103
HIExpress.comUS$111
PricelineUS$111
FindHotelUS$112
All reviews lots of parking stayed for one night continental breakfast comfortable beds an overnight stay definitely stay here again highway gas muffins
Selected filters
Reviewed September 19, 2020 via mobile

Stayed one night in mid-sept 2020. Bed was very hard, the air conditioning was incredibly loud (necessary to have on given both the warm temps and smoke - it clicks on and off all night and as the compressor is super loud it would wake us up each time the AC kicked in) and the breakfast was not good. They have implemented Covid safety measures - so masks are needed in common areas and they serve you breakfast to take back to your room, so that’s ok, but the food for breakfast was not good (powdered eggs, turkey sausage patties, etc). Have stayed at many other hotels in the same area and would go to one of them in the future and avoid this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Kamloops, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2020

Hi PGtravellers2011,

Thank you for leaving us a review for your recent stay. We are committed to providing an inspiring and refreshing experience. I am sorry that your stay was not reflective of this.

We appreciate your honest feedback and for bringing this to our attention. Our team would like to assure you that your thoughts about our service lapses are heard and this has been liaised accordingly with our local management. We always challenge ourselves to be better and feedback like yours will serve as a constant reminder to enhance our Service Hospitality.

Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction and comfort. We look forward to having the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Alice P​
Case Manager​
IHGService​

Reviewed August 14, 2020

Be careful when booking on the number on the hotel webpage. I even asked the person I spoke with where she was and her response was "we can book for you in Kamloops". When I filed a complaint, the company said they would refund $10 US which is about $40 US short and I have not rec'd the refund to date. My room was lovely, however, my brother was in a wheelchair room that barely had room for the wheelchair to move past the bed.

Date of stay: August 2020
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Kamloops, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2020

Hello 502brendao,

I only want comfortable accommodations for you, and I appreciate your taking the time to give us feedback. I am sorry to learn that your experience fell below expectations. I have shared your comments with the hotel management. I know they will use it to make improvements.

Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and hope you will allow us to serve you again in the future.

Warm thoughts,

Deborah R.

Reviewed July 28, 2020

We have tried contacting the hotel directly and the HIE head office regarding our stay in the Kamloops Holiday Inn Express 5 days ago. To date, we have not received a response.
We stayed for one night July 22-23rd and selected the hotel because of the positive experiences we had with the chain in other cities. However, this location was a complete disappointment. The first issue we encountered was with the carpet in our room. It was very damp/wet in some areas, to the point where we had to wear our shoes as our socks were soaked through. We assumed that because it was a pet friendly room, that the carpets had been steam cleaned after the previous guest.
The bigger issue was with what we found crawling in the bed and floor the next morning. My partner woke up and screamed that there was a bug crawling on her and flicked it out of her hair. We then found a different type of bug crawling on the floor next to the bed and another one, again a different type near the bathroom. When I spoke to the front desk clerk and showed him the pictures of the bugs, I was simply told to email the general manager directly. No apology, no offer to credit our stay, no attempt to repair the customer experience.
To say I am disappointed in the lack of customer service and cleanliness in the hotel would be a significant understatement. There are a lot of hotel choices in Kamloops, we will certainly be making a different choice on our next trip through.

Date of stay: July 2020
1  Thank SMolly72
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Kamloops, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2020

Hi SMolly72,

Thank you for writing to us about your experience and for your continued patronage. Our team strives to provide a simple yet rewarding stay.

I reviewed your comments and was surprised by what you described. I’m sorry for the issues you had with the wet carpet, front desk and the lack of communication among others. I understand your disappointment. I assure you that these are isolated incidents and that they don't reflect what we consider as great quality of service. I forwarded your comments to our management and they are taking the proper steps to prevent this from happening again. I sent you a private message so we can discuss your stay.

I invite you to visit us on your next travel journey.

Oscar C.

Reviewed January 12, 2020

Room was very spacious and comfortable to stay in. Kitchenette was disappointing, no cutlery, cockery, glasses etc which made self containment difficult.
Was good to have breakfast included, however, selection was scarce (no bacon?!) and three staff members stood around watching people eat which made us feel uncomfortable.
Found the service to be abrupt and felt I was intruding on their time when asking them a question.
Room was overpriced.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank NaeSkye
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kamloops, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2020

Hi NaeSkye,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a candid review. I was very concerned to read your comments about our kitchenette, breakfast selection, and service among the others. I understand your dismay and I am sorry. This is not the frictionless experience that we wanted for all our guests and I will make sure to share your comments with our team for necessary improvements needed on our end.

Thank you for your part in helping us go in a positive direction.

Mike F.

Reviewed December 16, 2019 via mobile

Stayed for one night...this is an exceptional place to stay .very quiet....staff are excellent...they have Continental Breakfast that rises to their high standards...beds were comfortable.... definitely stay here again..Highly Recommend this stopover

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Jason1550, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kamloops, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2019

Good Afternoon mountainbert,

Thank you for leaving such positive feedback about your stay with us. We use feedback to ensure that we deliver the same great service to each and every guest.

I will be sure to share this with the entire team and tell them to keep up the great work.

If you have any questions or concerns at anytime, please contact me directly at 236-425-5135

Regards,