“Yum!”

Swiss Pastries & Bakery Cafe
Ranked #2 of 5 Bakeries in Kamloops
Price range: US$0 - US$11
Description: Swiss Pastries has served the community for over 35 years. We are proud to carry on the tradition of making and serving fine European style baked items which have pleased customers for generations. The company was originally started strictly as a bakery, and then in response to customer needs it expanded to include a cafe. It was a family business then and continues as a family owned business today. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority. We commit to offering only quality products made using the finest ingredients, served with pride. We offer gluten free and vegetarian options. Customers should be aware that they are however prepared in a non-gluten free and non-vegetarian environment.
Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

I love popping by to grab a sweet treat on my way to work. I hear they do well for lunch too! The croissants aren’t as good as I’d like, but nearly everything else is!

Reviewed June 18, 2018

If you haven't been, you really need to give it a try. It has delicious pastries, and lunch items, bread and buns. Really a great place to meet for a coffee.

1  Thank 538adriennet
Twisted R, Owner at Swiss Pastries & Bakery Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2018

Thank you so much for the kind words, we really work hard to provide the best experience we possibly can.

Reviewed June 15, 2018

For years my husband and I have stopped for coffee and a pastry or sandwich at the Swiss bakery when we were in Kamloops for the day. However we finally have realized that what was wonderful is no more. The Swiss bakery no longer has great displays of many mouthwatering pastries. The selection on our most recent visit was pitiful. So we decided to have a ham & cheese croissant with our coffee. What we got was a cold dense bun, with a measly portion of ham & cheese, wilted lettuce and no pickle or anything to save it from our total scorn. It was awful and it seemed like they grabbed what was left from yesterday's lunch, and had been stuck in the fridge for a long time. Almost inedible and with a cup of coffee cost us a $20 bill. Never again. RIP Swiss Bakery!

Reviewed December 31, 2017

Recently, I was at a dinner event which I later discovered was catered by Chef Moutsos of Twisted Roots Kitchen and Catering who I think also owns Swiss Pastry. I was blown away by the quality of the food and the pastries! It can't be easy catering to a large number of people, but the food stood out, as did the service and the pride Chef Moutsos took in his creations as he stood over the table. I read some of the comments here and have to wonder at the pettiness of some complaints. I haven't been to Swiss Pastry in a few years, but I give two thumbs up to Twisted Roots!

1  Thank filleheureuse
Twisted R, Owner at Swiss Pastries & Bakery Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2018

Thanks so much for the great review of our catering 'filleheureuse'.
We loved that you enjoyed both the hot food and the sweets.

Reviewed November 1, 2017

We had breakfast here. The food was good but small portions and expensive. It's right downtown on main street. Parking in front of the building (paid parking). The girl serving the food was very nice. We would go back if the portions were not that small.

Twisted R, Owner at Swiss Pastries & Bakery Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review us Paoli.

I'll take a look at our portion sizes to make sure this isn't a training issue and look forward to giving us a chance again.