Lowest prices for your stay
US$110
Free cancellation until 21-10-09
US$109
Free cancellation until 21-10-09
Agoda.com
US$110
Free cancellation until 21-10-08
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.comUS$110
PricelineUS$109
Official HotelUS$110
1,282 results
All reviews shark club train tracks park view rocky mountaineer the river full kitchen king suite beautiful hotel pool and hot tub moxies noise downtown rumble kitchenette couch stopover
Selected filters
Reviewed September 23, 2020

It’s hard to find somewhere to start with this place, but here goes;

1 - Situated about 10 meters from an exceptionally busy mainline of a rail system. Very long freight trains will go through about every 1-2 hours, in addition to the ungodly noise from the train itself, you have to deal with the constant dinging of the rail alert at every hour of the day and night.

2 - Customer service is terrible at best. Asking the front desk for something will result in them “attempting” to radio someone else and eventually they cannot reach anyone, “but” they will make sure it will be handled!! Spoiler... it never gets handled. My room had a kitchen sink that wasn’t even functional as it had a mismatched drain plug. Asked and finally gave up when a replacement that might fit the sink never arrived. Called the front desk to ask for housekeeping and they went a long and said they will make sure to send someone in the next day. No one ever came - apparently they refuse to do housekeeping if you are staying for longer than 1 night? They never bothered to tell me this, just acted like they would send a maid. Very disappointed.

3 - Rooms are extremely mismanaged and dirty. Dirt all over the floors, walls, furniture, and don’t get me
started about behind the fridge. If you book a kitchenette, don’t expect half of what you might actually need to prepare meals. There is a supposed list of essential kitchen items, of which you may get a few in one room, and a few in a different room. Mine had 1 small pot. There is only small potlights so it always seems very dark, and there is no shortage of friendly insects either.

Note: Seems as though their hot tub is STILL closed, and after reading a review from a year ago, it looks like it won’t be getting fixed.

Honestly, if you are passing through, continue to Merritt and you will find hotels that are 2/3 the price and 10x more inviting. If you are stuck here like I am... just hope you can get out ASAP.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Ashley Moyer, General Manager at Sandman Signature Kamloops Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2020

Thank you for taking time to write a review on your past stay. I do apologize for everything you encountered during your stay. I would love to speak with you more in regarding your stay. If possible, can you email me the best time and date to contact you. My email is gm_signaturekamloops@sandman.ca. Thank you very much and I look forward hearing from you.

Reviewed September 13, 2020

Upon arrival I was given a key, and was told that there were trains that went by and that I might feel a 'shaking' sometimes as I am on the top floor and the higher the floors had more of the shake BUT she emphasized that there was a great view

What I was NOT told was I would awake every hour on the hour waking up all night because of these trains and shaking and not having a very good nights sleep.

This weekend was my 50th birthday weekend in Kamloops and wasn't as wonderful as planned.

Room tip: don't stay here if you want a good night's sleep - trains shake and make noise all night
Date of stay: September 2020
Ashley Moyer, General Manager at Sandman Signature Kamloops Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2020

Thank you so much for your review. I do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of the trains. I would like to speak with you more regarding your stay. If you can email me the best time and date to contact you that would be great. My email is gm_signaturekamloops@sandman.ca. Thank you so much and I look forward hearing from you.

Reviewed August 3, 2020

This is disappointing to be leaving this review. We have stayed at this hotel n the past and had no issues what so ever. This time round is a different story, Originally booked a king room and upon arrival we where upgraded, great you might think but little did we realize our upgraded room was on the side of the building of the rail track. Thinking nothing of this we continued our evening and retired later for the night. From there a freight train passed trough every two hours 1am, 3am and I think 5am!! We must have stayed on the park side of the building last time as we did not encounter these issues previously. Strong word of advice SO NOT STAY IN A ROOM ON THE RAIL TRACK SIDE OF THE BUILDING, unless that is you enjoy trains and no sleeo

Room tip: Book a room on the park side
Date of stay: July 2020
Ashley Moyer, General Manager at Sandman Signature Kamloops Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2020

Thank you so much for your review. I do apologize for the noise level you experienced during your stay. We do have wonderful rooms on the park side that may be quieter for your next visit. Again, I do apologize and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 24, 2020 via mobile

Very comfortable place. Super friendly staff. Modern rooms with all the amenities. Great wifi speeds. The onsite restaurant Moxies just reopened for dining in. Lots of parking. Always a great experience.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Ashley Moyer, General Manager at Sandman Signature Kamloops Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2020

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you very soon!

Reviewed June 16, 2020 via mobile

Shocked to find this gem in Kamloops. So stylish, thoughtful design, high ceilings. Definitely a step up from a regular overnight hotel on our way through. Clean, comfortable rooms. Train noise may be an issue for some but the provided ear plugs on the bedside table just might do the trick!

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mieke Ditmer, General Manager at Sandman Signature Kamloops Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2020

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we would love to see you again! Thank you again and have a wonderful day!