“Simply wonderful - words cannot do this place justice.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kamloops
Campbell Hills Guest Ranch
Reviewed 4 September 2016

We just finished our 3 night stay at the ranch. From the moment we arrived, to the time that we left, we were treated like royalty.

The Location - simply superb. Nestled away in the BC hillside, deep in the country side, a prime location for taking long rides.

The Ranch - Very new and fresh, excellent main lodgings/saloon, games room upstairs, excellent rooms with en-suite WC and shower, etc.. Great view. A lot of care has gone into this place.

The People - Amazing bunch of folk. The proprietors Bernadette & Martin made us feel so welcome, and mentioned we were "part of the family", which we definitely felt while there. The very talented and hard-grafting staff/wranglers; Jessica, Kim, Rosie, Franzi and Josie ensured that our every need was taken care of. We were lucky to have some great co-guests at the same time, and everything fit together great! I would be remiss to not mention the other two members of staff - Molly & Daisy, the super duper doggies on-site! It was Molly who came running up to intercept us, tail wagging with excitement, as we drove in, barely giving Jessica and Josie the chance to greet us!

The Rides/Horses - an enourmous array of horses (27) - all looked after with personal care and attention. Each one's personality fully understood by the staff. We were assigned two perfectly-fitting horses for our respective skill levels, and the staff ensured our own personalities/energy levels also fitted to the horses. The riding was excellent - some serious trails, even in the rain - we felt at all times very secure and looked after. The half-way cookies were a great touch ;) Slicks, gloves, helmets and boots were made available.

The Food - I must admit, I am more of a "Foodie" than a "Horsie", and so I was simply blown away by the cuisine that Chef Martin put together 3 times a day, with a personal charm that i've not often seen. Coming back from our first ride in the rain, we were delighted to find a fresh pot of coffee on, and some culinary delights ready for us for lunch. The whole format of: Wake up, breakfast -> ride; Lunch, chill -> ride; Dinner, worked extremely well, and was very welcome after each ride.

There is really nothing negative about this place - everything more than exceeds expectations. I don't think i've ever given such a review, but I honestly cannot rate this ranch highly enough.

Thank you Martin, Bernadette, Jessica, Kim, Franzi, Josie, Rosie - it was the highlight of our entire trip.

We will be back!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank foobarpie

Reviewed 21 August 2016

This is a special place. We have gone two years in a row and cannot wait to go back. Much care goes into everything. If you are interested in natural horsemanship and great care and rehabilitation of horses, this is the place for you. If you would like your food to be prepared with great care and skill, this is also the place for you. If you enjoy nature and beautiful vistas, this ranch is for you. Great hosts, staff, and horses!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank jhartmangoldman
Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

This is all a ranch stay should be! Awesome scenery, superb food, knowledgable engaged staff, suitable safe horses and a hands on approach by the business owners. When not riding on the many stunning trails, there are lots of things to do around the ranch including archery, lasso lessons, pool, sauna etc.
If there is a better guest ranch in the wonderful BC - I would like to see it!!!
Worth every cent and more!!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephen G
Reviewed 23 July 2016

We (2+2) stayed for 5 days at this wonderful remotely located place. Horses were carefully selected for us according to riding experience and physical conditions. The rides took between 2 and 6 hours, and were through densely wooded areas (watch the cattle!!), low lands and along beautiful lakes. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Nice rooms, at (Western European) ****plus-level at least. The owner (a former professional cook) served hearty food, affectionately prepared. The deserts were delicious! Fully Recommended!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Andreas B
Reviewed 25 June 2016

The location of the Ranch is fantastic. Our hosts Bernadette and Martin and the complete staff ( Franzi, Laura, Kim, Valerie and Kaya ) were wonderful. Very good horses and trails in a beautiful nature guaranteed a great riding experience. Surely Chip the horse of Birgit was the quicker one than my horse called Conan the librarian. Lovely, but always hungry and a little bit lazy. I would say a half-time worker. But at the right time knowing how to go on.
Birgit and me enjoyed the rides. Also riding in the rain with the long coats was great. Birgit, Sarah and me we felt as members of the Dalton gang, but without guns. We enjoyed the rides while Sarah's husband Matt went for fishing. Therefore, we called him fisherman.
During the rides Bernadette told us so much about natural horsemanship, nature and life around the ranch. She assumes to meet a female black bear with the cubs during a ride. And we did. This was one of the highlights during our stay. Thank you Bernadette.
After the rides we were always hungry and Martin the chief was already waiting in the Wild Horse Saloon with very goods meals like soup, burger, vegetables , dutch pancakes, salades etc. The food was excellent. Thank you Martin.
The atmosphere on the ranch was very familiar. When Birgit and me arrived at the ranch 2 lovely dogs greeted us. Daisy and Molly. And just arrived they directly accompanied us with our first walk to the lake. We felt to be at home.
That is also up to the friendly guests we met during our stay. Sarah and Matt and our fight at the pool billard table. Janet and Dave, Jamie and Derek . We got along well and had good conversations with all of them. Thank you all.
It was a great experience to come to Campbell Hills Ranch. And we are very sure that we will come back .

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hjsolpe
Reviewed 9 June 2016

I am reluctant at to give a good review as I want to keep this place a secret but here goes. Where to start? First the ride to the ranch was great but follow the directions to a T please :). We thought we made a mistake and turned back only to have to go back again. Our fault!! When we arrived on Friday evening May 27 we were greeted by dogs. Hooray!! Molly was her name. We parked and lo and behold there was a mare and a colt (Billy). We went in got our room key went back tot the car to get our things and Billy ran up to me and followed me (he was in his paddock). I was truly in heaven. Sitting down to a great meal of steak etc I spoke to two women who had been there for a week. Lovely ladies and they got me psyched for the next two days. On Saturday morning we rode in the am and the afternoon. Although the afternoon ride was rainy it was still fantastic. It being my birthday all the lovely workers there: Kim, Francie, Laura (thanks for the photos!!) we amazing, kind, sweet and funny and gave me hugs for my birthday Sweeties!!! .I learned so much from them all and also of course Bernadette. I had two horses Bobby and Rocky. Bobby Saturday morning then Rocky on Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. Sadly Bobby had gotten a bit of a sore foot so they had to let him rest. These horses are so loved and well cared for it is beyond belief. I learned so much about natural horsemanship I cannot wait to research more. Also we took cookie breaks :). Yummy!!! My husband who does not ride went fishing and had a blast trout fishing. He said it was the best fishing he has done in ages. Martin is a fantastic chef and made some incredible meals, from soup to burgers to chicken, salads, pancakes, and some of the best guacamole I have ever had. For my birthday they gave us all small chocolate cakes that were insanely delicious. I made friends, laughed, had great conversations, played billiards at the end of the day, drinking whiskey & beer and laughing (Thank you my fellow riders, new friends and Dalton gang members Hermann & Birgit!!!). and on my last ride on Sunday morning even saw a bear cub with its mama!!!! Each ride was different and uniquely beautiful. My niece when viewing one of my photos said it was like looking at a still from Lord of the Rings :). So thank you from the bottom of my heart Bernadette, Martin, Francie, Kim, Laura, fellow guests Birgit and Hermann and all the others who helped me make my birthday so very special. And thank you for letting me help groom Rocky at the end of the day. Please give him and Bobby a hug from me!!! We WILL be back. Thank you!!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the cabin but the rooms in the main house look great too.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2016

Four of us arrived after a day of driving to be greeted by several smilie girls, and the newest arrival on the ranch - Billy the foal.
Our lodge was super cute - the bedrooms up in the loft space were extremely cosy and comfortable.
The evening meal was great, and a total treat to eat it outside whilst hummingbirds visited the veranda. After a sleep in the total pitch dark and quiet you can only get when you're this far from town, we had a fantastic breakfast - one of the best in our 16 day holiday.
The four of us were lucky enough to ride out with no-one but our two fantastic guides, who were sensitive to each of us, making sure we were comfortable in our saddles and weren't worried about anything. We had a lovely ride, heading off tracks and see some lovely scenery. After another brilliant meal we headed off, and whilst driving back to civilisation saw not only a group of deer, but a wolf too!
This is a ranch so everything is rustic - if you're looking for a spa break or a city slick hotel this is not the place for you. But if you're looking for welcoming owners, cosy rooms, fantastic ranch food and lovely responsive horses this is the place for you. All four of us are still talking about thise banana pancakes we had for breakfast...

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends