Hotel 540(Kamloops)
US$149
US$146
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Scott's Inn and Restaurant - Kamloops(Kamloops)
US$100
US$78
US$175
US$114
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$140/night.

US$168
US$131
Agoda.com
US$142
US$121
US$99
US$83
Travelocity
All reviewsnatural horsemanshipriding experiencechef martinwild horse saloonbeautiful trailsclint eastwoodwonderful weekendwestern canadanight stayother guestscomfortable bedwranglersvolunteershorsesmollycabinhosts
Reviewed June 6, 2017

Everything about this ranch is wonderful. We arrived and were welcomed warmly. It felt more like arriving at a friends place than a "hotel". The owners, Bernie & Martin, as well as the staff were fantastic. The accommodations were great. The food was phenomenal! I'm a pretty picky eater, and there was not one thing that was served that I didn't drool all over! The best part? - the horses! Being an English-style rider, I wasn't used to riding without contact - but wow!! What an amazing experience. Softness was the word of the day with Brandy. Literally a finger on the rein was all that was needed to communicate with her. What a wonderful job Bernie and her wranglers do with these horses! Such a pleasure to ride! We'll be back as soon as possible!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Bernadette C, Owner at Campbell Hills Guest Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2017

Thank you so much for the wonderful review Heather. It was a pleasure having you and family here at the ranch. Lovely to see that riders and horses feel harmony while riding on the trails. We look forward to have you again. Bernadette

Reviewed May 1, 2017 via mobile

Just came back from a wonderful weekend at the ranch with my daughter. Although I had ridden before, Bernie showed me a whole new way to treat horses that was so honouring to the horse. The amount of riding far exceeded expectations.
Chef Martin provided us with fabulous food and the accommodations were perfect for the setting. Wifi was spotty but let's face it, I should not be using my phone when I am on an escape weekend with my daughter. Loved the place and will be back.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Bernadette C, Owner at Campbell Hills Guest Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2017

Thank you both for staying with us. We are grateful to see guests embracing the natural horsemanship philosophy and treating our horses accordingly.
We hope to see you again.
Happy travels.

Reviewed January 25, 2017

We had our christmas staff party at the Campbell hills guest ranch. The food and the ambience exceeded our expectations! The following day we woke up to a beautiful white ranch and took part in outdoor activities such as snowshoeing and a sleigh ride!! We will be back!!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 20, 2016

The wife and I spent two nights here and loved every minute. The staff were super friendly, the good was phenomenal and the horses were beautiful! We were first time riders, first time on a horse ever and the staff and horses made us feel very comfortable. We can't say enough about this place and will definitely be back! Special thanks to Jessica for her guidance and support and to Martin for the delicious food!

Room Tip: For total privacy, try to book a cabin rather than one of the rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrikley
Reviewed September 4, 2016

We just finished our 3 night stay at the ranch. From the moment we arrived, to the time that we left, we were treated like royalty.

The Location - simply superb. Nestled away in the BC hillside, deep in the country side, a prime location for taking long rides.

The Ranch - Very new and fresh, excellent main lodgings/saloon, games room upstairs, excellent rooms with en-suite WC and shower, etc.. Great view. A lot of care has gone into this place.

The People - Amazing bunch of folk. The proprietors Bernadette & Martin made us feel so welcome, and mentioned we were "part of the family", which we definitely felt while there. The very talented and hard-grafting staff/wranglers; Jessica, Kim, Rosie, Franzi and Josie ensured that our every need was taken care of. We were lucky to have some great co-guests at the same time, and everything fit together great! I would be remiss to not mention the other two members of staff - Molly & Daisy, the super duper doggies on-site! It was Molly who came running up to intercept us, tail wagging with excitement, as we drove in, barely giving Jessica and Josie the chance to greet us!

The Rides/Horses - an enourmous array of horses (27) - all looked after with personal care and attention. Each one's personality fully understood by the staff. We were assigned two perfectly-fitting horses for our respective skill levels, and the staff ensured our own personalities/energy levels also fitted to the horses. The riding was excellent - some serious trails, even in the rain - we felt at all times very secure and looked after. The half-way cookies were a great touch ;) Slicks, gloves, helmets and boots were made available.

The Food - I must admit, I am more of a "Foodie" than a "Horsie", and so I was simply blown away by the cuisine that Chef Martin put together 3 times a day, with a personal charm that i've not often seen. Coming back from our first ride in the rain, we were delighted to find a fresh pot of coffee on, and some culinary delights ready for us for lunch. The whole format of: Wake up, breakfast -> ride; Lunch, chill -> ride; Dinner, worked extremely well, and was very welcome after each ride.

There is really nothing negative about this place - everything more than exceeds expectations. I don't think i've ever given such a review, but I honestly cannot rate this ranch highly enough.

Thank you Martin, Bernadette, Jessica, Kim, Franzi, Josie, Rosie - it was the highlight of our entire trip.

We will be back!