Club Wine Tours - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Great Wine Tour in Kelowna

We did a quick morning and early afternoon wine tour with Bill. He picked us up right on time and... read more

Reviewed September 7, 2020
Michelle G
Private wine tour with Chris!

Our wine tour was great, we had a private wine tour booking at very late notice yet they provided... read more

Reviewed September 16, 2019
Brooke F

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 27, 2019

We booked a sunset wine tour with this company - fairly last minute as we were having trouble finding a company who could do a tour with a departure time after 3pm. Bill was quick to get it organized, although didn't really ask any questions about what we were into. Sharon mentioned that usually is something they do.
Anyways, Sharon was our guide. She picked us up, we were in a regular mini van and we had been kind of expecting something more professional. She spent the first portion of our drive mostly talking about this new van in their fleet and about how she thinks she has the air conditioning figured out.
The wineries we went to were alright, we enjoyed seeing a few different ones although it seemed to be very geared towards organic, which was OK, but a bit strange that it was a focus.
We did not find Sharon to be a great driver and at one point she did not seem to know where she was going, she had to pull over and look it up.
There was no music in the van, not even a local radio station. We asked for music several times and did not get any. At one point we tried to play music just on our phones but Sharon seemed annoyed. It was Friday night, and we were 4 women in our 30's in town for the weekend to do the Wine Country Half Marathon. We weren't looking to get stagette drunk, but we were wanting the night to be fun!
So without music Sharon spent most of her time bragging about how many businesses she owns, how much money she has, how successful all of her children are, how many cases of wine she has in her very large wine cellar, etc.
Honestly, if you're not going to talk to us about wineries, kelowna and what to do, etc, then let's listen to some music and have some fun!
We spent a lot of time talking about it over the rest of the weekend as we were pretty annoyed. We spent $140 each and couldn't wait to get out of the van at the end of the night.
I think if you're in the business of customer service and you're charging a premium you need to be able to read your customers and figure out what they are looking for. I don't believe that we were being shy about wanting some music, wanting to have a little bit of fun. I'm in a sales/service industry and we spend so much time focused on the customer experience, and this is what was missing on this tour.
We have used other companies in the past and would recommend any of them above this one.

Date of experience: June 2019
bill j, Owner at Club Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2019

Sharon is a business woman and very professional. I feel that these ladies were very cruel in there remarks.
There conversation was focused only on me. I did not do the tour Sharon did. For one thing there comments to Sharon are unexceptable remarks and I want an apoligy as i am married and would never discuss anything like this with guests. Ie lap dancing....sex ...nore would I have allowed anyone to do that in my life. This is upsetting to me, I own a very professional company.. Sharon felt very uncomfortable with these ladies from time to time for there comments where extreemly offensive to Sharon and the statements about me where vulgar.
They took a last minute tour and roads where blocked off do to the event in Kelowna. So yes Sharon would have pulled over to check the roads on google. Yes, Sharon would have changed the conversation from the focus being on me and back to the Okanagan Valley, wines, info on vineryards and yes the diffent vehicals. Sharon knows about this industry very well. In addition, Sharon had the exact tour after this group and they rated her a 5 out of 5.

I want Deanna's reveiw erased from trip advisor.

My question to Deanna is Why did your group focus your energy on me and making Sharon feel uncomfortable? The thing you said in your group on the tour where not nice!

PS. Did you also heard out to Sharon's recomendations places. If so I hope you where satisfied.

Bill Jack
Owner

Reviewed June 9, 2019

This tour was a lot of fun! We weren’t sure what to expect but it ended up being more then amazing. We tried so many wines and learned a lot of great information. Bill was a great guide. He’s very friendly and really knowledgeable. I highly recommend this tour!! :)

Date of experience: June 2019
ClubWineTours, Owner at Club Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2021

Bill Jack Club Wine Tours has resigned, Donna Jack can re qualify for all her own licenses & product. The transfer will be done in the next 6o days Good Luck

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

Had a great tour by Bill, he showed 5 of us girls some wonderful places and was very knowledgable and kept us up to speed as some of us weren't very knowledgable. He was easy to get along with and I would definitely reccomend this tour to friends and family.

Date of experience: August 2018

Reviewed August 9, 2018

Bill was a very knowledgeable host on our tour in July, he chose excellent locations for us to experience and was very reasonable when we needed to reschedule due to some unforeseen circumstances on our holiday; this was tremendously appreciated. Many thanks!

Date of experience: July 2018

Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

Excellent, wonderful and personalized experience! It was my first time on a wine tour and Bill and Sharon made me feel right at home! Thank you!

Date of experience: July 2018