See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 3, 2009

Urban Villa is beautifully decorated and one of the nicest boutique hotels I've stayed in. The service was impeccable, with that extra touch only an owner could give. The beds are more comfortable then my own at home! Urban Villa is a little out of town but only a short drive. Overall I had a wonderfully relaxing stay!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DKayed
Reviewed July 31, 2009

Quite far out of town, this very modern building with super-flash and trendy interior provides for a very comfortable stay (the bed is something else). However, the welcome is poor at best and the breakfast is as basic as you can imagine. Don't expect anyone to fall over themselves helping you (or remembering you). Not one for giving negative reviews but taking price, breakfast, location and service/owners into account, it doesn't add up. I wouldn't if I were you...

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
hugoEdmonton_, owner at Urban Villa, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2009

Urban Villa is 3 blocks from the most popular beach in Kelowna, Gyro Beach. A three minute walk to trendy shops and cafe's on Pandosy Street. And a five minute drive to downtown Kelowna.

Reviewed July 19, 2009

A foot high mattress on a king size bed in a luxiourious room, which was beautifully decorated and furnished. What more can you ask for from a room?

Very much a relaxing B&B feel, which added to the experience, thanks to the hospitality of the hotel manager. Common areas are equally as well appointed and well maintained as the rooms.

The only surprise was the location, as the hotel is somewhat lost in a sea of suburbia. However, once inside the property, everything works so well. This would be an ideal location for a group gathering, as either a part of the hotel can be booked out, or even the whole building (approx 9 rooms).

Reviewed July 13, 2009

This was a surprise 4th anniversary trip to Kelowna, our first experience with the city. Urban Villa was my choice because of the glowing TA reviews, and I have to say, every positive review was accurate.

Besides the reviews, the pictures of the attractive, modern setting drew me in. When we arrived I was not disappointed. Once you are on the property, everything is beautifully appointed with very well thought out accouterments, from the courtyard to the balcony to the spiral staircase to the chocolate walls with butter cream trim, and original vintage molding.

Things to know include these:

It's in a neighborhood, near a park, very near a shopping center, and just blocks from the beach. Also, the website refers to a "hotel" and I was pleasantly surprised to find a personal B&B atmosphere with an high degree of professionalism, rather than a hotel atmosphere that was botiquey.

We enjoyed spending time sitting in the courtyard with the fountain water sound enjoying local micro-brews, we enjoyed the uber-soft bed and watching some flat-screen TV, and anything that we thought "hey we need...." they had already thought of and solved.

Thank you UV, we'll see you again!

Reviewed July 13, 2009

Stayed 2 nights in King Suite. As nice as a luxury hotel room. Great continental breakfast, great staff. I am not a big fan of B&B but this is more like an Inn with one shared area.