See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 24, 2009

The Urban Villa is easy to find and handily situated for some chi chi downtown shops and restaurants. We had a warm welcome from Gwen and were made to feel very at home, without feeling smothered. The decor of the whole hotel (more like a very nice house) is modern and chic, and the attention to detail in our room was exemplary. Everything was absolutely spotless. The bed is one of the comfiest I have ever slept in. Next morning we had to get up for an early start, but Gwen was already there in the kitchen to make sure we had everything we needed before setting off, and we enjoyed (I hope she did too!) chatting to her over breakfast.

Two quibbles: The bedroom was slightly too warm and we could have done with the air-conditioning being turned up and: I wish we'd booked in for longer! Next time...

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2009

URBAN VILLA IS A GEM. I am from Arizona, and I meet my Canadian relatives in Kelona for a short holiday. It was perfectly situated to take advantage of everything Kalona has to offer- a few blocks from the beach, a couple of blocks from the funky Pandosy area, and minutes away from the downtown. It is an ideal combination of hotel and villa- set up perfectly for those who want to mingle and interact-while still maintainig privacy. The beds were the best I ever slept in, The host was prompt and gracious, and the value was trememdous. I will definitly be back.

• Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed August 9, 2009

Urban Villa is not your standard guesthouse. The interior has been lovely restored to create a modern and cool atmosphere (the air-con is great and not noisy!). The common room area includes a lounge with comfy sofas, wide screen plasma tv, an open plan kitchen, dinning area and balconies at the front and back. The rooms are simply but tastefully decorated. And everything is spotlessly clean. The owner/manager is very welcoming, but generally leaves you to get by on your own to help yourself to refreshments, the buffet style breakfast and just relax in your own time. The location is not great if you want to walk into the centre of Kelowna (takes about 40 - 45 minutes) but it is only 5 minutes stroll to some lovely secluded beaches and some lovely walks beside the creek.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2009

Urban Villa is beautifully decorated and one of the nicest boutique hotels I've stayed in. The service was impeccable, with that extra touch only an owner could give. The beds are more comfortable then my own at home! Urban Villa is a little out of town but only a short drive. Overall I had a wonderfully relaxing stay!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DKayed
Reviewed July 31, 2009

Quite far out of town, this very modern building with super-flash and trendy interior provides for a very comfortable stay (the bed is something else). However, the welcome is poor at best and the breakfast is as basic as you can imagine. Don't expect anyone to fall over themselves helping you (or remembering you). Not one for giving negative reviews but taking price, breakfast, location and service/owners into account, it doesn't add up. I wouldn't if I were you...

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
hugoEdmonton_, owner at Urban Villa, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2009

Urban Villa is 3 blocks from the most popular beach in Kelowna, Gyro Beach. A three minute walk to trendy shops and cafe's on Pandosy Street. And a five minute drive to downtown Kelowna.