I booked this hotel after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. It did not disappoint. My daughter and I were checking out one of the post secondary institutions for a couple of days. The hotel was easy to find and get to. Ample parking. We had no problem adding a day at the beginning of our stay. We arrived at the hotel early - about 10am as our flight was early - and found the hotel. We wanted to add an extra night. They had no trouble with the extra night but when we asked the earliest we could check it, we were told that check in was after 3pm. They didn't even offer to hold our luggage.
Check in was smooth and we were given a room on the 2nd floor, right beside the elevator. I was concerned it would be noisy but in fact, it was very quiet. The only thing we ever heard was the vacuum cleaner during cleaning time in the morning.
There was a full hot breakfast every morning. It was the same every day but very adequate. Waffles, bacon, eggs, english muffins, bread, muffins, pastries, juices, coffee, cereal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, etc. Lots of choices.
The beds and pillows were comfortable.
Early in the stay (we stayed 4 nights) I asked about late checkout but was told to ask the morning of checkout. I know it was a bit extreme but I requested a checkout of about 3:30. WHen I asked, I was told that check out was at 11:00 but that they could extend it until Noon so I asked if I would be able to sit in their breakfast area and work on my computer until 3:30. The front desk clerk didn't like that idea so she told me she would phone my room. She phoned about 30 minutes later and told me she could accommodate a late checkout for 1:00 pm but if it was any later, I'd have to pay the day rate of $55 and no, I couldn't use one of the tables in the breakfast area. I begrudgingly paid the day rate.
We were there 4 nights. Only 2 of them did we have housekeeping and at that, I asked for a change of bedding for one bed, one time and for a change of towels one time. No vaccuum or cleanup of the bathroom etc. Just linens. I happened to be in the room at the time of both cleanups so I know what was requested and what was done. I felt, that for 4 night stay, they could have been a bit more flexible with the requet for an extended checkout.
Other than that, the facility and stay was good. Quite and all the staff was friendly. We did not use the pool area. The business center was small but did the trick when I had to print our boarding passes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of Kelowna's Newest Hotels! The Comfort Suites offers gold award winning guest services and spacious contemporary decor. All suite hotel with FREE hot breakfast, indoor waterslide and splash pool, FREE wireless internet, cardio and business centre. Collect reward points for more free stays! Top awards for Trip Advisor in Kelowna and top 15 in Canada for Trip Advisor. Great Place to Stay:Great Rooms & Great Staff. - Comfort Suites Your Central Location to Kelowna and Okanagan Valley. Ski, Golf, Wine Business - Enjoy your time at the Comfort Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Suites Kelowna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Kelowna Hotel Kelowna
- Comfort Suites Kelowna Okanagan Valley