“Amazing! Among the best in BC.”
Review of Le Plateau Bistro - CLOSED

Le Plateau Bistro
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Neighbourhood: South Pandosy - K.L.O.
Kelowna, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing! Among the best in BC.”
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Have been to Le Plateau a few times now and won't hesitate to go back. With the new year they have launched a new menu which (I didn't think this was possible) makes the experience even better. Although young, the Chef has a way with food that I've never experienced before. You can literally taste the love she puts into her cooking.

About the atmosphere - it is a small, quaint little place (seats about 20ish) that always has good music playing, lovely smells coming out of the kitchen and attractive and well trained servers to take care of you. Don't expect a crazy "rich" experience like Raudz Regional Table or Bouchons Bistro (those places are too extravagant if you ask me) but you can definitely expect the same quality of food (if not better).

A quick story - I was in the other night for dinner and something which I thought was amazing happened. The place was packed and the Chef was working very hard to get all the dishes out hot and on time. A few minutes later she came out of the kitchen and the whole restaurant lit up with applause for her. What an experience!

I can't say enough. Just go. You'll be so happy you did.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Trav3lGuy_123

kelowna
“One of the best around”
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Good food, great sevice and well priced. We will be back.

Visited December 2011
LoneButte
“We love this place!”
Reviewed 12 December 2011

My husband and I read about Le Plateau on Trip Advisor. Thanks for the tip. It is a tiny spot, seating few, but the food has been exceptional every time we've gone.

Seattle
“Hidden Gem in Kelowna”
Reviewed 4 December 2011

My husband and I recently went to Le Plateau bistro for our 3rd year anniversary. The service we received was top notch from the minute we walked into the restaurant till the second we left. The server was attentive but not intrusive. The menu is small but everything is well executed and beautifully presented. The chef even prepared a separate menu for me due to food sensitivities. The duck is absolutely fantastic. The best duck I have ever tasted. We even got dessert on the house. The chef is absolutely wonderful and she even shared one of her recipes with me. We will definitely be going back and this time with friends. It can be a little difficult to find but what a treasure.

Kelowna, BC
“One word...Amazing!!”
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I was taken to this little bistro by a friend for lunch and it was fantastic!! I can't wait to go back with my husband. Only downside is he'll probably want to lick the plate...it was THAT good!

So glad we have a place like this here in Kelowna!