“Excellent Food...Excellent Service”

Le Plateau Bistro
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Pandosy - K.L.O.
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Dinner on January 14, 2012. This is a very small intimate Bistro in a small mall. Unlike many restaurants in Kelowna, there is definitely no view here. But the real reason to go is for the food. I had perfectly prepared Trio of Lamb while my wife had the tenderloin with green peppercorn sauce. She thought her dinner better than one she had recently had at a top-rated Vancouver restaurant. Service was attentive and friendly. The wine list was adequate for the size of the restaurant and was not limited to Okanagan wines. Curiously, there was no ice wine available to accompany dessert. In our case, chocolate cheese cake which was as light as a mouse and a Tahitian Vanilla creme brulee of perfect consistency. The only slight negative was a too acidic dressing on the tomoatoes accompanying the crab cake appetizer, but this is really nitpicking. I highly recommend this restaurant for those who love great french food.

Reviewed 10 January 2012

We had our Christmas luncheon at this intimate bistro. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal. The mushroom crepes were terrific. I would highly recommend this restaurant to family and friends.

Reviewed 10 January 2012

Have been to Le Plateau a few times now and won't hesitate to go back. With the new year they have launched a new menu which (I didn't think this was possible) makes the experience even better. Although young, the Chef has a way with food that I've never experienced before. You can literally taste the love she puts into her cooking.

About the atmosphere - it is a small, quaint little place (seats about 20ish) that always has good music playing, lovely smells coming out of the kitchen and attractive and well trained servers to take care of you. Don't expect a crazy "rich" experience like Raudz Regional Table or Bouchons Bistro (those places are too extravagant if you ask me) but you can definitely expect the same quality of food (if not better).

A quick story - I was in the other night for dinner and something which I thought was amazing happened. The place was packed and the Chef was working very hard to get all the dishes out hot and on time. A few minutes later she came out of the kitchen and the whole restaurant lit up with applause for her. What an experience!

I can't say enough. Just go. You'll be so happy you did.

1  Thank Trav3lGuy_123
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Good food, great sevice and well priced. We will be back.

Reviewed 12 December 2011

My husband and I read about Le Plateau on Trip Advisor. Thanks for the tip. It is a tiny spot, seating few, but the food has been exceptional every time we've gone.