“Roadtrip”

Holiday Inn Express Kelowna
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

We ended up choosing this hotel as one of our only options on our roadtrip. We were tired from driving and were looking for a campground but unfortunately everything near was full. The next choice was either sleep in the car or get a hotel room. We obviously chose the latter and I'm glad we did. The bed was comfortable, the gentleman checking us in was very kind. Breakfast was great as well in the morning. The only complaint I have is that the place was quite costly but that happens when you book last minute.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Brent L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Thank you Michelle for your review. We were pleased to read that our hotel provided a comfortable stopover and that you enjoyed our complimentary hot buffet breakfast. We wish you safe travels as you continue your road trip.

Brent Lavery, General Manager

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Kelowna

Reviewed 8 August 2017

In nearly 50 years of staying at IHC hotels, this Holiday Inn Express is among the best. I was here for a week, and cannot say anything negative about this property. The room was clean and well-maintained, with 2 comfortable queen beds, bathroom with plenty of counter space, TV that actually worked, and a handy Keurig coffee maker. The breakfast buffet was the usual and (best of all) coffee was available 24 hr. There is an indoor pool with 2 water slides, great for the kiddies. The hotel location is close to many shopping venues. Because it is off a busy highway, get a room in the Tower building facing the back. The woman (Stacey) who tended the breakfast room was amazingly efficient and very friendly. In the past, we’ve stayed at the Holiday Inn in West Kelowna, but this hotel is much better.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Brent L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Thank you for the review on your time at the Holiday Inn Express Kelowna and we are pleased to read all the great comments you had to share. Stacey, who manages the breakfast area was thrilled to read she helped make your stay memorable. We look forward to welcoming you back on a return trip to Kelowna.

Brent Lavery, General Manager

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

If you're looking for just a place to stay with no frills -- this is it.
Room was okay, service was okay, breakfast was okay but house keeping needed prompting. We ran out of towels and bathroom paper and had to ask.
The room rate was expensive and not really worth it ... but it was a holiday weekend and vacancies were scarce. I would look for another property the next time.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

We appreciate your feedback and were sorry to read the hotel fell short on your expectations as this is not the service that we look to achieve for our guests. We will be sharing your comments with our housekeeping team to prevent this from happening in the future.

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

I'm a wife who travels with my husband while he travels for work and I'm just along for the ride so to speak. We only stayed here one night and we were driving and had been driving for a long time so I was exhausted!

I wasn't there long enough to give me usual in depth review but this is what I can tell you:

4.5 rounded to 5.

They let us check out at 2! I got a nap! Seriously this was AWESOME!!!!!

Secured parking

Close to everything- I mean waking distance

Healthy breakfast options

Nice clean rooms

Nice staff

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

We were thrilled to read that we helped make your stay in Kelowna memorable even though it was only for one night. We appreciate you sharing your experience at the Holiday Inn Express Kelowna.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

I chose this hotel over others for two reasons; the pool/hot tub, and the buffet breakfast. Neither disappointed. Both hot tub and pool were very clean and well kept, and I was impressed with the buffet breakfast for a number of reasons. Not the least of which was the ample seating. Often at other hotel inclusive breakfasts, I am left searching for a place to sit. Not here, Although it was busy, there was always at least 9 or 10 empty tables. The food was quite good as well, hot fresh cheese omelettes, a nice variety of pastries, lots of bacon & sausage. The wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Finally, the pleasant staff never failed to wish us a cheerful good morning or address any of our needs. The overall service was excellent.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We always appreciate when our guests take the time to share their experience at our hotel. We do read some very positive feedback about our complimentary hot buffet breakfast so thank you for your comments. The hotel team was pleased to read about the service they had provided to you during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Recently stayed at Kelowna bc holiday Inn Overall building and rooms and reception great. However, we found a supposedly clean face all nicely rolled up for use, that was absolutely black on the inside. Our dirty towels not taken away, cleaning rags left in the bathroom floor and a used glove laying on the desk. This makes me wonder about the quality of cleaning they actually do. All reported and reception staff very apologetic, but no compensation. I mean we still are paying $200+ for this room a night the reason we were staying is because my father had a procedure at the heart clinic...he needed to have some one close by in casrpe of emergency. We found out the first night our phone didn't work, I reported at 7 am and still after reporting three more times we still had no phone in case of an emergency. My parents are elderly they don't have a cell phone and if needed to call 911 would of had no means to do this...this was expressed to staff and yes they replaced phone but still did not work. No apologies, no solution like moving to a new room was offered. I will think long and hard before staying at this hotel again, and I will not recommend it to my family or friends.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Your comments were of great concern to our hotel team when they read them as this does not reflect the service standards of our hotel. I hope you call the hotel directly and ask to speak to the General Manager so I can personally respond to your comments.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Front desk staff is unaware of the Guide and Service Dog Act and the difference between a Service Dog and a pet. Initially put us into a room on the 6th floor and then saw I had my Service Dog with me and tried to move us to another room. Apparently dogs are not allowed on the 6th floor. Informed them they could not change rooms just because I had a Service Dog and they talked to the manager. The manager kept sending the desk clerk back and forth asking questions instead of making an appearance themselves. Was allowed to keep our 6th floor room but upon check out another front desk clerk loudly made it clear that dogs were not allowed on the 6th floor and tried to charge us a cleaning fee. Again told them this was not allowed and they removed it from the bill. They knew to ask for my BC government Service Dog ID so must have some knowledge of the new BC guidelines. Utterly humiliating. Got ahold of International Hotel Group which asked me to rate my stay and I sent in my concerns. Got an email back saying they would get back to me within 48 hrs...this was 6 days ago...and nothing. Just think the staff needs some training in dealing with injuries and illnesses that are unseen...had I been in a wheelchair I would hope I would never have been treated like that. On a positive note the lady that made up our room each day was so lovely, sweet and eager to please...she obviously loves her job.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Our Front Desk team is aware of the BC Guide Dog and Service Dog Act and do follow appropriate protocol once we identify certified dogs. As your reservation did not have any special requests our Guest Services Agent needed to ask the appropriate questions to confirm your animal’s status so it is unfortunate you found this invasive. The Agent that checked you clarified that no pet fee would apply and upon check out no fee was applied or subsequently removed from your hotel folio. We are very proud of the respectful treatment of all our guests and it is regretful that you did not feel this was the case.