US$395
  • Pool
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$296
Hotwire.com
Super 8 by Wyndham Kelowna BC(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$144
Hotels.com
Coast Capri Hotel(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 04/08
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$225
Cancelon
Accent Inn Kelowna(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
US$205
Priceline
US$249
Cancelon
Comfort Suites Kelowna(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
US$174
TripAdvisor
US$164
TripAdvisor
All reviewsunderground parkingheart of downtowncontinental breakfastfacing the streetindependent hotelbernard streethard boiled eggsincluded in the room ratefresh fruitexcellent locationprospera placestay there againflat screen tvthe hotel managersmall balconyfront desk staffgreat view of the lake
Reviewed July 12, 2017

This hotel is in an excellent downtown location, within walking distance of the lake, art galleries, restaurants, coffee shops, etc. The room was very clean and quite spacious. We were there during a heat wave and the air conditioning was excellent. The breakfast was excellent -- no hot dishes but a good selection of fruit, cereal and pastries.
Downsides:
Inadequate parking: The underground parkade was small and could not accommodate out vehicle because of the height restriction. The small parking lot behind the hotel was very small and usually full. We were there over a weekend so could park for free on the street and in a local parkade but on weekdays the local parking was very expensive.
The mattress was very soft with no support and was overdue for replacement.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank DSF1
RoyalAnneHotel, General Manager at The Royal Anne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2017

Dear DSF1,

Reviews can sometimes be the most frustrating thing, due to how anonymous they are. As a property that really does care very much about 'guest experience', I would love nothing more than knowing what your room number was, so we could check out the mattress.
As a side note to any guests reading this message, please don't hesitate to let us know directly if there is an issue with anything such as a mattress. As we don't sleep on the beds ourselves, we absolutely rely on our guests to let us know if something such as a mattress isn't quite right. If we don't know it's broken, we can't fix it :(

In respect to parking limitations, I would agree & have said many times.... we have limited on-site parking folks. With that in mind, we now offer complimentary shuttle service to & from the airport. There are also numerous offsite parking options nearby, which offers free parking at night. Weekday - daytime parking is only $7.00 per day at Chapman's Parkade & is totally free on weekends. $7.00 per day is very inexpensive by todays parking rate standards. I've personally been charged $40.00- $62.00 per day by hotels in downtown Vancouver & Toronto. All in all..... I think win the grand scheme of things $7.00 per day isn't too bad.

Aside from those factors, we thank you for your feedback & really do hope you enjoyed your stay with us. Should your travels bring you our way in future, we look forward to welcoming you back!

Christa Park ~ Hotel Manager

Reviewed July 1, 2017

After researching for several weeks I decided this would be the best base of operations for our stay in Kelowna. Check in was smooth and we had an executive king on the 5th floor. Very nice room that was clean and comfortable. Yes there is a balcony, but it's only wide enough for standing, not suitable for sitting outside and enjoying the view.

We used the parking garage which is a nice feature, but get there early or you'll be parking out back. The continental breakfast was a nice touch, plenty of options. The wifi connection was solid.

The main reason for staying here was the convenience of walking downtown, probably the best feature of the The Royal Anne Hotel. We got to experience both waterfront parks and a couple of the local breweries/restaurants.

I realize the the hotel has no control over the homeless, but we noticed a couple were on the same block when we retuned from exploring downtown and an empty beer can was on the hotel steps. Not a big deal, but it was hard to ignore.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank relayer
RoyalAnneHotel, General Manager at The Royal Anne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2017

Dear Relayer,

Having a moderate climate year round, BC cities have become desirable locations as much for drifters, as they have become for vacationers seeking fun in the sunshine. Downtown cores especially are somewhat of a draw, due to the many resources the City provides to assist folks requiring aid & assistance.
As you've pointed out, it can be somewhat disconcerting to see....especially if you're from a smaller or rural area, that isn't affected by vagrants. It's not attractive & can be somewhat disturbing. As it is in major & many minor cities worldwide however, homelessness & vagrant folks are interwoven in the fabric of city life.....almost everywhere.

Despite this, as a hotel in the 'heart of downtown' amidst the pulse of the action, as you've so eloquently noted, our location 'is one of our best features'.

Thank you for taking the time to do your research & for choosing to stay with us. We couldn't be more pleased to know we earned your business through our reviews & thank you for taking time to share yours.

Reviewed June 21, 2017 via mobile

Excellent location. Clean. I was on 5th floor and it was very nice and quiet. I did have an issue with bathtub that wouldn't drain, which I reported but it wasn't fixed (they apparently sent someone but it was no different on day two). Kind of gross. Also, tried to use fitness room but off-gas smell was WAY too overpowering. Couldn't even stay in there for more than a couple of minutes. Not sure if they just installed rubber floors or something, but it needs to be aired out.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
RoyalAnneHotel, General Manager at The Royal Anne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2017

Good morning Tugboatgirl,

Location! Location! Location! It's such a fundamental & deciding factor of a person's travel plans. For travelers looking to explore & experience the vibrant heart of Kelowna, as you've pointed out, we're absolutely the perfect choice for accommodation.

I sincerely apologize that your tub issue wasn't taken care of immediately & satisfactorily, by my maintenance team. I've just questioned my maintenance department about it & apparently the tub was serviced after your initial report. A surface blockage, just under the tub plug was cleared & it was believed the issue was resolved. As it turned out, in addition to the surface blockage there was a second blockage deeper down the drain, that was not discovered until after your departure, when my team serviced the room a second time.

We're very sorry, we were unable to remedy that situation for you the first time round, and appreciate that a slow tub drain can be kind of yucky.

In regards to the floor matting in our fitness room, the matting was purchased & installed over a year ago....through a local fitness supply company no less. With your comments in mind, I will be giving them a call today. After spending a small fortune on new fitness equipment, our intention was & is, to provide a great facility to work-out in.

Thank you so very much for your personal feedback! It's observations such as yours, that propels us to become that property that people just appreciate & love.

Christa Park
Hotel Manager ~ Royal Anne Hotel

Reviewed June 14, 2017

My husband and I had been in Vancouver for several days and were stopping in Kelowna for a few days before heading back to Calgary. Our hotel in downtown Vancouver was, as expected, very pricey so we were looking for a good place to stay in Kelowna that was going to be more reasonably priced. In saying that, however, we were not prepared to sacrifice cleanliness or go to some out of the way dingy hotel. We had stayed at the Delta on previous occasions but wanted something a bit different. I had read about the Royal Anne on Trip Advisor and the location right at the lake end of Bernard was an absolutely ideal spot for stepping outside and walking wherever we needed to go as we did not have a vehicle. l called Christa Park, the Hotel Manager, prior to our booking and she was wonderful - even giving us recommendations for places to eat, tours to take etc.! We chose the Royal Anne and are so very happy we did. I understand this hotel is an old property but that it has been totally renovated in the last several years. It was perfect. The lobby was on the smaller size but cozy and well appointed with a fireplace, some lounge chairs, nice marble tiled floors and freshly baked cookies for the guests. All the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful with anything you needed and made us feel very welcomed. The washroom beside the elevator were beautifully remodeled with granite counters, lovely pedestal sinks and a larger vanity area for touching up your hair and make up. (They have a fair number of conferences here so I can only assume this nice bathroom comes in very handy for the conference guests.) We were in a King Suite on the top floor and the room was very spacious, very clean, well lit and again, nicely refurbished. We had a king bed, a desk area as well as a couch with a table, a TV that could be rotated and a small balcony. The bathroom had a decent size vanity, again in granite, and was well lit - much appreciated. The bed and pillows were quite comfortable and the air conditioning was surprisingly quiet. We did hear some noise in the hall but that was pretty much limited to the people staying across from us that continually slammed their doors early in the morning - otherwise we were not disturbed at all. Due to flooding of the nearby lake and river there was a boil water notification in place but the hotel was great in providing as much bottled water as needed in the room. There was also a microwave, coffee maker and small fridge so that was very handy. There is no safe in the room (not sure if they offer one at the front desk or not ) but we were not concerned with leaving our belongings unattended in the room. The housekeeping staff did a great job of keeping our room very clean and if we needed any extra toiletries there was never an issue. The Royal Anne also has a complimentary shuttle that picks up and drops off at the airport so that was a nice touch as well as the complimentary continental breakfast provided. Usually a continental breakfast is comprised of a stale muffin or bagel, some juice and coffee and that is about it. This was so well thought out and really very good. There was fresh fruit plates with all kinds of berries, yogurt, cereals, hard boiled eggs, toast and bagels, muffins, cinnamon buns, pastries, juices, a nice selection of teas and even frittatas you warm in the microwave. The area was large with several big tables for groups as well as smaller tables for two or four. The food was constantly replenished so if you did not get down right at the start of the breakfast you were not left scrounging through leftovers. This was a very thoughtful and much appreciated treat from the hotel, especially on the days when we had activities planned and didn't have time to go to a restaurant for a breakfast. There is not an actual restaurant on site but there are so many food options close by that you hardly even notice. WiFi in the room was ok. I had more problems with my device but my husband had none with his. We flew so did not have a car but I understand there is complimentary parking for hotel guests so that is a nice touch as well. If I had to pick anything to improve, my only comments are very small at best. The bottom sheet on the king bed did not really fit so every night it would be pulled up and tangled around but that was not a big deal - just a FYI for housekeeping. Also there is no ramp, only a few steps going into the hotel and again a few going to the elevator from the front. It wasn't an issue for us but if you had mobility challenges it may pose a bit of a problem. I understand though that the parkade goes right to the elevators so that could always be navigated by those that needed. I am sure the configuration of the hotel just is not deep enough to have a ramp in the lobby area. Small things for sure but that really is the only thing I can think of to make any suggestions about. We had a wonderful stay and hats off to Christa for not only having such a great team working at the Royal Anne but for making guests feel like they are welcomed and appreciated. (Thanks for the bottle of wine by the way - we really enjoyed it and that was very thoughtful of you Christa). Not only will we be back on our next trip to Kelowna but I will most certainly recommend it to anyone travelling there. Wonderful spot!

Room Tip: Top floors are best - king suite is very good. End of the hall if you can get one as they have a view of the lake
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
RoyalAnneHotel, General Manager at The Royal Anne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2017

Dear 919alisong,

In all my years in the hotel industry, I don't think I've ever received a more thorough, complimentary & in-depth review. Your observations are amazing & we thank you for sharing both the strengths & minor weaknesses of our hotel, from a 'first stay' guest perspective.

I couldn't be more delighted! To know you thoroughly enjoyed our hotel..... that you felt welcomed & appreciated as our guest, truly means the world not just to me, but to my dedicated team as well.

Thank you so very much!

Reviewed June 7, 2017

I stayed here because my first choice of hotel was booked up, and I'm so glad for that. The service from staff was excellent. The room was not only extremely clean, but it had some lovely touches that really made the difference for a business traveler who has to spent way too many nights in way too many hotels that tend to look the same after a while. Some examples of this: the room was bright and airy (so many hotel rooms are dark and dimly lit), there was a comfy lazyboy, really cool lamps and showerhead (sounds strange, I know). Breakfast was excellent and had a large variety including unusual cereals, fritattas, and stewed plums to go with the greek yogurt. These were all in addition to all the the typical breakfast offerings you see at most hotels. The location is also so central and convenient, making it so easy to enjoy downtown without fighting for parking. I didn't intend to stay here in the beginning, but this will be my go-to hotel in Kelowna from now on.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
RoyalAnneHotel, General Manager at The Royal Anne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2017

Dear Guest,

I sincerely wish online reviews were not so anonymous sometimes, because along with the many fine amenities our hotel offers our guests, I'd love to throw in a big fat hug the next time your travels bring you our way!

In addition to having high cleanliness standards & providing helpful, friendly customer service, SOOOO much thought goes into small little details like guest room lamps, shower heads, in-room recliners.....environmentally 'green', low carbon carpeting... little things like USB ports above the guest room desks....what to offer for breakfast.

As a corporate person that experiences random hotels frequently, I can honestly say your opinion & review was music to my ears. That you could see how much thought we've put into our amenities & appreciated them for what they are, justifies all the money I've asked my boss to spend & means so very much to us.

My boss is going to simply LOVE your review!! Thank you!! :)