All reviews el dorado quaint hotel overlooking the lake lakeside location rooftop patio steam room hotel staff great room would highly recommend this hotel off season arms wedding boardwalk lora lounge summer okanagan
Reviewed July 21, 2010

We stayed at the Eldorado in Kelowna last weekend. We booked mainly for location but also because it is advertised as a non smoking hotel. Our room was non smoking as was the room to our left. They had adjoining balconies overlooking the marina seperated by just a thin wall in between. We could not use the balcony or have our door open because the man in the next room was out on the balcony smoking constantly. When we went to the desk the first time about it we were told although the rooms are non smoking they are allowed to smoke on the balcony. We mentioned it at check out and were told sorry our policy is they can. We have health issues and were not complaining for fun. We could not use a balcony for which we paid because although the law says no smoking the smoker had more rights than us. I have emailed the hotel but so far have recieved no reply so I emailed them a second time this morning. Over priced and not advertised correctly I would never stay there again. The service in the restaurant and bar was extremely good and all the staff were freindly. But the noise was excessive.

Date of stay: July 2010
Reviewed June 20, 2010

Noisey as hotal management insist on playing loud music on their waterfront boardwalk patio area along the entire front of the hotel until 11pm - to sleep you have to close your windows.
Next door is the public boat ramp where un-muffled V8 powered race boats are launched and fired -up. This hotel caters to the 25 to 40 year old set who drink and yell alot

On the positive side, great location right on the lake, the old part is quite charming, the young valets, hostesses and waiters gave good service.

Kelowna hotels are pricey and poor value generally

Date of stay: June 2010
1  Thank Felley
Reviewed April 22, 2010

My friend and I decided to dine here the other night. I love the location of this hotel and dining here is truly a "Kelowna" setting. It was a decision we did live to regret though. The service was terrible. Fortunately we were not in a hurry so the neglect of our wait staff was more annoying than anything. We were offered the special which was steak oscar and it sounded wonderful so we chose this. We were told we could choose any steak on the menu and it would be served with crab meat and sauce topping. No price was quoted and we did not ask. The meal itself was just ok. I've had worse and I've had better. We waited over half an hour for our coffee to be served and finally received our bill. The steak alone was $53. $33 for the steak and an additional $20 for the crab topping. Ouch! We won't even discuss the overpriced local wine because we knew the price of that when we ordered it. So enjoy the setting but beware of what you order. It could break the budget!

Date of stay: April 2010
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed January 25, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for one night as a getaway. We got a great deal because it was very much off season. So the place was worth about what we paid. It's a nice place, and it's right on the lake. But because most rooms are not facing the lake, and there is a public beach a short walk away (the hotel itself does not have it's own beach) the only benefit to staying here is the ability to get to the lake quickly. But if you are going to the beach, and don't mind a 10 minute drive, you can probably save $100 and get the same thing.

But I must caution anyone against eating dinner here. We ate both breakfast and dinner here because we felt the hassle to drive to another place (local options are very limited) wouldn't be worth it. For breakfast, we were certainly right. The menu was somewhat limited but reasonable (very tasty) and reasonably priced ($12 for an omlette). But dinner was a disaster. The food itself was quite good. But the menu was more limited than I've ever seen, and the prices were way too high to justify. Here was the menu lineup: 6 entrees, 3 of which were steaks. And there were two specials that night. Guess what they were? Steaks! I love a steak, but I also love to have a bit of choice when I go out to eat. As it happens I didn't feel like steak so I had the $26 chicken breast, which actually came in the form of a very small chicken leg. Whatever. If you stay here, do yourself a favor and take a trip into town to a different restaurant. It's not that far and well worth for both selection and cost. Now, if you are not that hungry I have to say the appetizers could serve as a small meal, but you're still paying $16 for a very light meal. Not worth it, and again only about 6 selections to choose from.

Date of stay: January 2010
Reviewed November 14, 2009

My husband and I along with our 18 year old daughter stayed in the hotel over the weekend. We were in Kelowna to attend my Nephews wedding which took place in a nearby winery. We found the staff very helpful from the first phone call to inquire into rates. The 3 of us had a wonderful room in the Arms section of the hotel with 2 queen beds. The room was stylish with its antique looking furniture and cork flooring and it was immaculately clean. We booked the Romance package (cheaper than the hotels regular rates) which meant our sheets were turned down with fabric rose petals and a dish of really good chocolate strawberries were on the night table. The beds were very comfortable and the room was quiet. The bar in this Hotel is popular with the locals so we were told by the staff that the arms wing of the hotel was quieter on the weekends then the main hotel. Our package included $10 per person (for 2 people) towards breakfast. The restaurant overlooks the lake and docks. We put our $10 towards their breakfast buffet which was small but all the food we had was excellent. Cost of the buffet was $15 so we only had to pay $5! In the rooms there is the standard coffee machines but in the hallway in the morning the staff set up thermal carafes of coffee that you can help yourself to before that early morning walk by the lake. We really enjoyed this hotel and their staff. The value was excellent.We would love to go back.

Date of stay: November 2009