Lowest prices for your stay
US$83
SAVE US$25
Expedia.comUS$82
eDreamsUS$83
Lol.travelUS$101
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 21, 2020 via mobile

I read a previous review about some man having bad service regarding his dogs in the hotel. I already booked the room on a sold out weekend and I decided to just clarify that I was bringing dogs just incase. Sure enough room is not dog friendly and I was told to contact booking.com to change my reservation.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2020

I'm here for vacation in business class suite. Very nice and friendly staff. The pub here has good food and drinks. Will be staying here again next month. The patio outside is very nice place to have food and drinks.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed June 29, 2020 via mobile

On a family vacation, where my family hasn’t been together in nearly 5 years, my youngest son needed a place to stay with his two small puppies and 1 and 1/2 year old daughter.

The room was beautiful and the check-in was easy. There was no hassle for my son and his daughter to get their family on a comfy bed for the evening to rest after driving nearly 10 hours to join us here in Kelowna.

We booked on the website, which states that there were pet friendly suites available. We had chosen that option during our virtual purchase and felt relieved that the small animals we also call family, had a warm place to stay for the night.

This is where the experience at Ramada went from great to terribly disgusting and discriminatory.

At check out, the customer service attended at the front desk, who will remain nameless as to preserve some professional status, told us he’d be charging us more for the pets that we “snuck” in.

Confused, we reassured him that we did in fact, book a room online that stated we rented a pet-friendly suite.

He quickly cut me off saying, “No. You didn’t and I surely have no time to deal with this.”

Appalled by his response, I replied by asking him if he knew he was in a job that requires him to be customer friendly.

He replied with, “I don’t know. I don’t even know why YOU were born.”

After a few moments of trying to understand this completely illogical statement, I realized he was talking about me, as a visible minority, and questioned if he was speaking in that tone towards the colour my skin.

At this point and time, while I held my granddaughter in my arms, the man behind the desk scoffed at me and didn’t answer the question. He didn’t agree with me nor did he disagree.

As a visible minority, I’ve looked into the face of racism many times and this man had that same face I’ve known and seen my entire life.

It wasn’t until my son, who was packing up our vehicle with our luggage, joined us and began exchanging words with the man explaining that the website was clear. That this hotel was pet friendly and that he was not going to pay an “extra” fee.

Still providing us with less then human relations, let alone any customer service at all, the man said again, “I don’t have time for you and I don’t have time for this.”

At this point I asked to speak to the Hotel
Manager and wouldn’t you know it...

He claimed he WAS the Hotel Manager.

Furthermore, he reassured us that he OWNED the hotel.

Which I couldn’t say if he was lying or telling the truth.

After a few more exchanges of words, the man did not charge us the pet fee and told us we we’re now officially banned from entering the premises of this Ramada ever again.

... ... ...

What made him think we would EVER return is beyond me but we quickly left and joined our family elsewhere.

Only love can cure racism. And I hope that man can find it in his heart to love people of colour one day and that another person of colour doesn’t experience this from this establishment in the future.

We will never be trusting this Ramada with stays from our family nor will we suggest it to friends.

———

To the actual owner and shareholders of this Ramada,

You need to screen your employees for race related grudges and implement measures that prevent staff, such as this employee to ever be hired in the first place.

The onus is on you as an employer to ensure all peoples of all sects and races be treated fairly, adequately and equally while attending your place of business.

I understand some people are good liars and can fake their way through things, but in the heightened climate we are in during these unknown times, we can not allow racism to rear it’s ugly face. Not even once.

As a result of this poor hiring choice, you’ve now lost business and the interaction between my family and this man will stay with us for many years to come.

We wish you nothing but the best in the future.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank DoubleDragon90
Reviewed March 16, 2020

Ensure working hot tub. close proximity to shopping, good. Hospital was within driving distance, but parking near was impossible there. top rate service. Newer Smittie's right next door. dirt on floor near elevator remained all week in same spot.

Date of stay: March 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed February 5, 2020

When I arrived I saw that I was Customer of the Day. With this came a room upgrade, but still at the original price, and they also brought a plate with cookies and fruit. The bed was comfortable which is a MUST for me. I liked the location because it was close to restaurants and the mall.

Date of stay: January 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mike I, Front Office Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Kelowna Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2020

Thank you for your review of the Ramada Hotel and Conference Center. We are so happy that you enjoyed your Guest of the Day room upgrade and treats. We appreciate you coming to stay with us and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.