“I'll Be Back! Lovely, charming setting.”
other travellers have booked this property
Sage room Lavender room
Our beautiful lake
Beautiful Lake Okanagan & Vineyards
Lake Okanagan
Mission creek
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Jack B
Denver, Colorado
“I'll Be Back! Lovely, charming setting.”
Reviewed August 29, 2012 for a stay in May 2012
person found this review helpful

The owners of the B&B are delightful. They made us feel right at home and took great care of us. The breakfasts are divine! Margo is an incredible and thoughtful chef. The outside courtyard is wonderful and we enjoyed mornings and afternoons there. The rooms are lovely and well appointed. I would highly recommend this B&B.

Travelling group: Couples
peggymch
White Rock, Canada
“great, friendly place to stay”
Reviewed July 29, 2012 for a stay in July 2012

really cute suite..
great location, close to lake, beach, and shopping
wonderful garden back yard
fabulous breakfasts..

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the location and the back yard garden
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Burnabytr...
Burnaby, BC
“Clean, well appointed basement apartment”
Reviewed June 10, 2012 for a stay in June 2012

The Cherry Tree apartment is spacious and well equipped in a nice location in Kelowna. Breakfasts are tasty, healthy and plentiful. I would recommend it with one caveat: the noise from the floor above is noticeable. It is clearly a basement suite. There is no bath, just a shower.

Barry S
Toronto, Canada
“Comfort in Kelowna.”
Reviewed October 17, 2011 for a stay in September 2011

If you enjoy a good conversation, along with fine lodging and breakfast, this is a B&B for you!

Travelling group: Solo
starry4
Vancouver
“Small gestures show thoughtfulness.”
Reviewed September 13, 2011 for a stay in August 2011
person found this review helpful

On the last weekend in August, we (and my husband, Philip and his mom) stayed at this Cherry Tree B&B. I got a very pleasant feeling even at the time of booking. Margo asked considerate questions on the phone like if any of us had food allergies etc, which I appreciated. On the day we left home, Christian called me on my cell to alert me that they would be a bit late coming home so that we could time ourselves to get there and so not to be surprised for not being greeted should we arrive early.
We gave ourselves lots of time in case we got lost, but we didn’t get lost, so we arrived early. We sat at the back garden and made ourselves at home while waiting for Margo and Christian. They showed up at the time they promised and greeted us very warmly. They showed us to the 2-bedroom suite in the basement. Margo double-checked all the rooms with us to see that everything supposed to be there was there. It was a hot summer day, but the central air-conditioning made it nice and cool staying inside. The suite can accommodate 4 persons, but 3 of us took up the whole suite to ourselves. It felt very private. Before Margo walked out of the door, she asked what kind of breakfast we would like. I told her that Philip’s mother would like to eat soft food and she would love some sausages. Margo said, full breakfast it is, and winked at me as she left.
We stayed there for 2 nights, and we had 2 wonderful breakfasts prepared by Margo and Christian. We tried the first breakfast under the Cherry Tree. It was lovely, except for some intruding flying visitors (wasps). They were harmless, however, did cause interruptions as we had to fan them off from time to time. Christian said that normally one would be flying about, but that morning, there were three. I guess the gourmet food must have attracted more. We had full breakfast for the first day and then we found that there was just too much food, so we suggested to Christian that we wanted just simple breakfast the next day so we would not waste the food and that we would like to eat in-door. The next day, we went upstairs and had breakfasts at their kitchen nook. All the food throughout the 2 days had been artistically arranged and served on delicate dinner ware. It makes one feel very special but not overwhelmed.
The place is very neat, clean, tidy, artsy, and most of all, comfortable. The beds and pillows are just right. The bathroom feels like one at home. It is equipped with all toiletries that you would have at home. The kitchenette has everything. The coffee provided is fair-trade type--exactly the same kind we use at home. There’s always a dish of mixed nuts on the coffee table. Small gestures show thoughtfulness.
I admire their small, well laidout back garden. There are fruits and vegetables growing among other ornamental plants, which go along very well. There is also a mobile raised vegetable bed built by Christian, which is both creative and functional since it can be wheeled to catch the sun or out of the way when the place gets busy. It makes you feel good that some of the food served is made with freshly picked veggies and fruits right at this garden.
Thanks to Margo and Christian for their warm hospitality. We chatted with them like they were our long lost friends. We will definitely stay here again if we’re coming this way in the future.

Location Service
SunnyThou...
Sacramento, California
“Splendid Sojourn!”
Reviewed August 21, 2011 for a stay in July 2011
person found this review helpful

I recently treated myself to several days stay at the Cherry Tree Bed and Breakfast in stunning Kelowna, B.C. And what a treat it was! From the ample, tastefully decorated private suite to the myriad of things to do in the nearby area, my stay exceeded my every expectation.
Sumptuous breakfasts were prepared and served by the charming hosts, Margo and Christian. The ingredients were fresh and of the highest quality…, simply delectable! Since the weather was absolutely gorgeous, I chose to eat in the delightfully decorated backyard, under the cherry tree and among the oodles of gorgeous blooming flowers. Every time I entered or left the unit through the garden, it brought a smile to my face. Very cheery!
The suite was impeccably clean, the bed super comfy and the décor made me feel as if I was in a darling cottage in the south of France. Books and movies were provided for quiet moments. All the special touches were present. Unlimited WiFi was included in the price. This made it super easy to get area information in addition to that provided by the engaging hosts.
There were so many things to see and do in the Okanagan Valley, many available within walking distance in Kelowna. Not to miss is the trendy downtown area, the marina offering numerous water activities (including paddle boats) and the endless parks and beaches, all a short walk away. Bring your bike! Very easy to ride for miles and stop along the lake as you please. And then there’s the ubiquitous wineries, each unique. If you have a vehicle, you must visit Mission Hills. The gorgeous views, buildings, art and grounds are awesome. For lunch, I would suggest Gray Monk Winery; great wine, excellent food. But most importantly, ask Christian for directions to Carmelis, where you will find purveyors of the finest goats’ milk gelato you have ever tasted…no kidding! Who would have thought? I guarantee, you will go back again, and again! MMMmmmm…..DIVINE!
I highly recommend a stay at the Cherry Tree Bed and Breakfast. I know you will find it as I did; superb in every respect! Hats off to Margo and Christian for operating such a top notch establishment!

Value Cleanliness
Travelling group: Solo
Jack C
Reading, United Kingdom
“The Ideal B & B”
Reviewed August 16, 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Excellent central but quiet location. Comfortable well-appointed accommodation - spacious private suite and use of attractive patio garden. Outstanding fresh, imaginative and varied breakfasts. Friendly and helpful owners.

Really enjoyed our stay - couldn't have asked for more!

Value Cleanliness
Travelling group: Family
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing