Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Destinia.com
Lol.travel
ZenHotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 2, 2017

This hotel is no longer owned by Howard Johnson, it is now the Good Night Inn. The "business room" was a computer in the front lobby that wasn't even hooked up. The rooms had ice buckets but the hotel has no ice, so it's basically a decoration. Cleaners are extremely loud, slamming doors and taking over the entire hallway. The towels are thin and scratchy, only 3 pillows were supplied and no facecloths. The only plus was good air conditioning. Definitely won't be returning though

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2017 via mobile

I am writing this review to WARN you to never stay at this hotel for the following reasons:

* Check-in: upon checking in we were told that we did not have a reservation although I presented the front desk man (named Gill) with my itinerary from Expedia and my paid receipt. He argued with me and told me that I did not have a reservation and if I was unhappy with it to call Expedia. After telling him I will call Expedia, he told me that even if Expedia said I had a reservation he would not let me stay at the hotel. More than anything he was unhappy that I had brought a reservation to him that was made before the hotel was bought out (used to be a Howard Johnson). I told him this was awful customer service. He yelled at me and finally agreed to honour the booked Expedia reservation, only after Expedia was on the phone with him for 20 minutes.
* Bathroom: The doorknob for the bathroom was missing and there was only a metal piece which sometimes opened and on several occasions either myself or my fiancé were locked in. When checking out they wanted to do a walk around in our room and tried accusing us of breaking the door handle, however, I had taken photos of the room timestamped from when we first walked in upon check-in and showed the lady, so she said it was OK. Both the bathtub and the toilet had hairs upon them when checking in, hairs that did not belong to us.
* Cleanliness: I have uploaded several photos to show you the total absence of cleanliness. The sheets were dirty, as were the towels, there were bugs smeared on the walls, hairs in the sink toilet and bathtub, and a cigarette butt on the luggage holder. Also, on several occasions we killed bugs crawling across the floor and walls.
* Security: I have also uploaded some photos of the door, which had no deadbolt and was broken, and not properly locking, which made us feel very unsafe. The housekeeping came in unannounced at 9:30am although check out was at 11:00am
* Others: Air conditioning was loud, there were cigarette burns on the furniture, the outlets did not have covers on them, the room smelt musky and of smoke although a smoke free room.

Overall, avoid this disturbing hotel, as we were tempted to sleep in our car rather than stay in this hotel for another night. If you want a second key they will charge you a surcharge and the guy at the front desk will try and get you to pay in cash to pocket the money, meanwhile not provide you with any paperwork (happened to the group in front of us).

Avoid at all costs!!!!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2017

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Reviewed May 12, 2017

My family chose to stay at what is now the Travelodge (no longer the HoJo). Booked in for 3 nights, and left after one.

renovations going on in the hotel ... stepped on a drywall screw with bare feet in room; floors filthy; wifi cut out without warning and ended up using data on phone plan for extra charges; no face cloths ... need I go on?

Manager had no remorse ... not looking to return ever. Terrible customer service.

Room tip: go somewhere else
Date of stay: May 2017