“Charming, Friendly, Good Value!”
Review of Oasis Inn

Oasis Inn
Ranked #27 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Vernon, Canada
“Charming, Friendly, Good Value!”
Reviewed 19 May 2012

We stayed here one night of the May long weekend 2012. I had read some of the no-so-great reviews and was hoping to be pleasantly surprised - and we were! I'm not sure if they've new management but it seemed like a lot of improvements have been made. The carpets in our suite appeared to be brand new, as did the bedspreads and linens. The entire suite was clean and nice. They were in the process of refinishing the pool area and it looks great. Our kids liked the grounds and the mini-putting-green. The staff were very friendly and hospitable and even got my husband a little gift for his birthday! It's run by a multi-generational family and this added to the friendliness of the motel. I would recommend it!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Lucy B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We were in Kelowna for a couple of nights and needed to find a pet friendly hotel for our dog. The suite that they gave us had a full kitchen and a queen sized bed in the main room and then another queen sized bed in a separate bedroom (which was really nice for travelling with a teenager). They have an outdoor pool on site but we did not use it as we spent our time at Okanagan Lake. They are right across from a mall and I highly recommend De Dutch across the way for breakfast. Best eggs benedict I have ever had. They are also quite close to Gyro Park, which is a wonderful beach park for people with kids are there are play structures and a zipline into the water. The prices were really reasonable too. We paid $139 a night with no reservations. They said that they served a continental breakfast but when I looked at it when we checked out it wasn't anything to write home about. A couple of kinds of cereal and a few muffins were pretty much all there was too it.

We would stay again.

2 Thank MirandaH123
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 2 September 2011

We stayed here a couple of nights. they allow dogs (for an extra fee) but not on any of the green spaces on motel grounds. Pretty noisy with partiers and traffic. Not a great deal as it was $30 extra for our medium-sized dogs and they put us in a room that was all tiled, so it could not have been any harder to clean up than regular room - so what is the extra fee for. I let them up on the bed just for spite.
Comp. breakfast was very crappy, not even worth going into the lobby for. At least the rooms had a small fridge and microwave, a bonus in hot Kelowna.
I have to think there are better alternatives - next time we will do a little more research before hand.
PS discarded syringe in the parking lot not cool.

Airdrie, Canada
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I realize that everyone has different standards. My standards are pretty simple, I don't expect 5 star motel when it is a 3 star motel but I expect it to be clean. We stopped for one night on our trip home to Alberta from British Columbia. I took my grand baby out of her car seat and let her run around the room while we got supper going. She was climbing onto the bed and I looked at the soles of her feet. They were absolutely black with filth. We looked at our feet and they were the same. When we complained we were told that "I don't clean the rooms". I can give you another one. I explained that I believe if you can rent a dirty room to a traveler then probably all the rooms you have to offer are in the same condition. During this discussion the air conditioner threw the breaker and we were without power. That was the last straw. We got our deposit back and moved to the Kelowna Inn & Suites which was the same price and was 10 times better. Our neighbors told us, as we were packing up, that they were told if the room was not clean to let them know and they would clean it. I would expect you only rent clean rooms!

10 Thank Brenda W

Travellers are raving about these Kelowna hotels

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We stayed here with our dogs which was nice to be able to do. Dog fee was reasonable. Room was clean and nice. Coffee okay...but very small pot. They had more coffee and muffins in the office. Nice. Decently fresh. The first night was a Friday and it was very busy in Kelowna, alot of people were congregated in the parking lot of the Motel; partying and intoxicated. it was calmer on Saturday night, sunday was much better. The air conditioning wasn't very effective but it did work somewhat. I think it needed to have freeon gas put in it or something. We left on Monday after another guest (who was questionable in character),complained to us about our dogs. Expensive for what we got, but the staff were very accomadating, nice and very friendly. More of a place for a younger clientelle. Kelownafornia...

Room Tip: Bring coffee.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Bad Mergentheim, Germany
Reviewed 2 December 2010

The first impression you get when you arrive is not fooling you at all.
The staff was nice and friendly at the beginning.
Our rooms were not clean at all.....we had hair in our beds and in the shower.
The towels did not look clean at all either !
You would think they take a look in the fridge too when cleaning the room - but they sure did not - or maybe we just did not appreciate the opened can of Pepsi !?!
When we came back from sightseeing at 6 pm the next day our rooms were not cleaned at all !
No fresh towels - our bed was not made either nada nothing !!!
When going to the reception asking why our rooms were not cleaned I just received a
uncomprehending look - "So what do you want me to do about it !" - Well maybe clean the room ????!!!!!
So at least I ended up getting fresh towels.
But thats not all - our friends toilet clogged up and flooded the whole bath room.
All they got was a plunger to clean it all by themselves !!! How nice is that.
I have stayed at many hotels and motels before - I am not spoiled at all but if you pay
$ 79 for a room you would at least think it is clean and that you get fresh towels !
Besides all that the Continental Breakfast is coffee some muffins and two kinds of cereal - but no where to sit at !
So if all that above does not bother you - you will a have a great time there.
I prefer staying at clean rooms ! And trust me none of the above is made up - it sure is true as sad as it is !

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Kootenay Rockies, Canada
Reviewed 23 September 2010

Pulled into Kelowna a bit late so there wasn't much choice for rooms. I got the last room available at the Chinook/Oasis and even the front desk clerk said "it's not one of our best rooms". You'd think at $119 per night it would be decent....I thought wrong.
The room was old and in need of a facelift. Cleaning staff didn't pay much attention to detail. The hide-a-bed in the living room was ratty looking - like they bought it second hand from someone who had a cat that scratched it. I wasn't about to lay on the couch and put my head on the cushions that were on it. The living room didn't even have a lamp - had to turn on all 5 pot lights.
There were kids running back and forth on the deck outside the room at 10 pm.
Morning shower was a treat. There was something stuck to the inside of the shower curtain.....maybe the previous guest's snot?? I'm just thankful I never drank from the glass in the bathroom. I didn't hang around long enough for the continental breakfast - I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo