Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Afed

White stains?!

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Aug 10, 2022
When I first got to the hotel with family I just figured it’d be a nice cheap place to stay for the night but when I got into the room and started to look around I noticed some white stains on my bed covers and was just disgusted. Do they seriously not clean their covers after every stay?! I was unable to get comfortable after seeing that. The shower squeaked which made it uncomfortable to be in their long and the breakfast the next day was mediocre at best. They had very few variety options which was disappointing. Overall my stay here was unenjoyable and I hope they look into cleaning their rooms more thoroughly for future guests.
Date of stay: August 2022
    C$248
    C$256
9.4 km from Ramada by Wyndham Nanaimo
Free parking
Our Great Room - lounge, fireplace, library, FREE wi-fi, computer kiosks, dining and more!
    C$119
  • eDreams
1.3 km from Ramada by Wyndham Nanaimo
View more hotels in Nanaimo
All reviews free breakfast bagels breakfast bar island highway ferry terminal quiet hotel next morning comfortable beds nice stay fridge downtown harbour
Selected filters
Reviewed July 30, 2022 via mobile

We were apprehensive about being put on the ground floor, but our room was actually quite quiet. Beds were comfy and air con worked, but not strong enough for the length of the room. We had to push a pillow against the curtains to get the air to blow out and not up into the window.
Our first morning, I noticed hairs in the shower surround while taking my shower. Not sure why in these times, proper cleaning is not taking place. I mentioned this to the older lady behind the desk who just said “okayyy” …. “Okayyy” while I explained the situation. No apology or saying we’ll get that cleaned for you. I had to ask for it to be cleaned. I said thank you and she said you’re welcome like she was doing me a big favour.
The redeeming factor is the lady who is working her ass off in the kitchen for breakfast. She is doing a two person job by herself. We made sure to leave her a large tip.
We wished we had stayed closer to down town are but the location was good enough.

Reviewed July 14, 2022

This is a good, clean and accommodating hotel. It was nice to have a cont breakfast included. Good for traveling with little kids - beds were fairly comfortable. We would come back here if in town again

Reviewed July 2, 2022

To say it was my worst hotel experience is an understatement. Upon arrival we were notified that we could not pay with cash. However, it took the front desk staff 2 hours to let us know we could use a debit card to pay for the hotel room. In which time we were refused the ability to have a third party pay for the hotel via credit card. We were told we were not allowed to use our Ramada rewards without any explanation given. Finally, after the longest check in of my life we arrived in our rooms. The next morning the breakfast was great the first day, then everyday until our last day they were missing something from their breakfast, at one point they only had waffles, bagels and cereal. So beware if you can't eat gluten there really isn't a complimentary breakfast option for the majority of your stay. Aside from inconsistent breakfast options there was also inconsistent services provided. Everyday was a toss up as to what the housekeeping was going to clean. Some days our beds were made, some days one bed was made, others neither beds were made. There never seemed to be a pattern of when the vacuuming happened and more than once our shower was cleaned when it wasn't used and not cleaned when it was. The second room we had rented had a broken air conditioner that never fully got fixed. I had to get a new room key every few days because when I went to use them they did not work. Despite telling multiple staff the duration of our stay there was even at one point I had to go down 2 days in a row to get a new room key.  We didn't have that problem with the other room so not quite sure why counting the same number twice and provide the same number of days on both sets of keys was so difficult for multiple members of the front desk staff.The finally topping on the cake was after we unfortunately had to extend our stay one more day I had to use their laundry room. Not only was it the most expensive laundry mat I have ever been to, $8 for dryer and washer, but when I took my clothes out of the wash they were covered in white sticky material. The front desk staff are not aware of all the amenities they offer and I had to educate a desk staff on my last day. She told me they didn't carry laundry bags, not only did I have to describe them I had to let her know I had received one the night before and insisted she take a look for them. All the staff, except for 1, were the only redeeming quality of this hotel. I absolutely loved every other staff member and it was close to the ferry. Carole in particular deserves an amazing shout out, she is such an amazing person inside and out. The second star is all for her, she deserves 5 stars everyday! I was excited to see her in the morning and missed her the 2 days she was off. However, I would never stay here again.

Reviewed June 6, 2022

We were impressed by how spacious the room was. Staff were friendly especially the staff in the breakfast lounge! She was very helpful. Will definitely stay here again if we ever come back to Nanaimo.

Date of stay: May 2022
Reviewed May 31, 2022

No AC and even though we called twice for someone to come adjust or get a different room, we gave up at 11pm and went to sleep with a horrible night at 24 degrees in the room and too much street noise to open the window.

Date of stay: May 2022