Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 30, 2019

Stayed for one night in the Provence room. Spotless!
Walked to Nanaimo Harbour (about 3 km) on a beautiful sunny evening for dinner.
Ania and Ingvar are fantastic hosts! Ania is know for her amazing breakfasts and now we know why. She created amazing waffles with bananas flambe, fruit compote, fresh strawberries, cream and maple syrup - very decadent! Wonderful travel chats with Ania over breakfast and enjoyed Ingvar's entertaining chats and singing.
Thanks so much!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2019 via mobile

I fell in love with the Pine and Picket the moment I arrived. This charming little B&B is undeniably magical. Ania and Ingvar are absolutely delightful hosts. The exceptional breakfasts prepared so beautifully by chef Ania are positively scrumptious. This precious jewel is comfortable, cozy and impeccably clean. The Pine and Picket is simply the place to stay!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed April 2, 2019

I spent separate 2 nights a The Pine and Picket. While I spent very little time at the B&B, my accommodations were spotless and the breakfast was wonderful. Ania and I had a fabulous chat over coffee and breakfast on my first visit and Ingvar was very cheerful and helpful on my second visit. I would stay there again!

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed November 25, 2018

Unfortunately we only had enough time to stay for one night prior to catching the ferry to Horseshoe Bay. Ingvar was very welcoming on arrival and unexpectedly carried our cases to our room. We stayed in the Provence room which had great views from the balcony over the harbour and a very comfortable bed. It was great to be able to watch the seaplanes.
There were tea and coffee making facilities in the guest lounge area between the two rooms and a small fridge for guests to use.
Ingvar and Ania gave recommendations as to where to have an evening meal within walking distance of the B&B. Breakfast was lovely and we really enjoyed the first eggs benedict of our stay in Canada which Ingvar also joined us for.
Very convenient for the ferry terminal. Would love to stay here again if we return to the island.

Room tip: Both rooms are upstairs, there is a balcony and view of the harbour from Provence room
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2018

Spent five nights here with Ania and Ingvar and thoroughly enjoyed it. Comfortable, cozy room. Stayed in the front bedroom called Provence and had a lovely view of the ferryies leaving the terminal. Beautiful Koi pond beneath or balcony and lovely gardens. Such a relaxing restful atmosphere and the best breakfasts and presentation I've ever had. Hope to get to visit again soon. My new go to place for Nanaimo. Thank you for the wonderful accommodation and service.

Room tip: Loved the Provence room but the Cottage in the yard would be a nice retreat.
Date of stay: August 2018