“A must try”

Sushi Wara
Ranked #53 of 348 Restaurants in Nanaimo
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

Love the coziness! The serving sizes are large, the prices fair and the customer service fantastic. Love the Bento boxes.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

The fish and ingredients were all fresh and very wwell prepared! I have been craving some ‘really good’ sushi and Sushi Wara exceeded my expectations!
Steve was awesome and the rest of the staff were so friendly and happy. It was nice to see that! Seemed like they really enjoyed working there. I’m from Ucluelet but will definitely be back again! It’s a little south of Nanaimo (just before the duke point ferries near Rona) but so worth the extra drive!
Be sure to tip good cause they deserve it! Thanks so much for an amazing lunch! ❤️❤️❤️
Writing this review is making my mouth water. Seriously great sushi!!!

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Tar42
Reviewed August 31, 2018

Everything is great, lots of vegan options and its very affordable for low income people to go to dinner.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Food was ok. Tried several items from the rolls to the teriyaki. All done as expected but didnt wow.

Seating area quite small and crowded. Glad I had hand sanitizer as washroom nasty.

Overall unremarkable.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 31, 2018

My friends have been wanting to take me to this place forever and today I had a chance to go..NEVER AGAIN!!!! I don't know what made me ask for a certain booth (was not as bright as other booths) or to have coincidently turned around at the right time to witness the CHEF PICKING UP AN ITEM HE DROPPED ON THE DIRTY FLOOR AND PLACING IT IN MY BENTO BOX!!! I immediately stated to 2 staff ladies standing right beside me to tell him to stop!! ..Stop him right now before he continued to contaminate my food..The parchment paper they put the tempera on was what he picked up of the gross floor and they were able to stop him from placing food on it.I was disgusted to say the least as if this is what I saw what didn't I see? I was starving and my friend had already started eating her meal and since I was able to stop him (or at least I hope I did) we stayed for the meal and made very clear I would not be back.To my surprise when the bill came there was a charge for their tea .It was $1.68 pp yet we shared one tiny pot between us. No other place we ever go to charges for bottomless tea and at the very least instead of apologizing 10 times for the chef's lack of Food Safe, could have at least comped the tea..I DO NOT recommend going to this place as there are so many more cleaner ones that DO practice Food Safe to Health Standards. Take a look at the fake flower decor hanging above your table/food and ask yourself...How can they possibly clean the dust from them that must accumulate?..Bon Appetit should you chose to eat there otherwise but consider this your warning.

Date of visit: July 2018