“One of my fave downtown restaurants”
Review of Le Cafe Francais

Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: French little bistro. Authentique home cooking
Reviewed November 9, 2017

I love the food, staff and atmosphere of this little restaurant. It is my 'go to' place before an evening show at the Port Theatre. The staff make you feel like an old friend that they are happy to see again after a long while. Be sure to make reservations to ensure you can get a table on the date and time you wish. You won't be sorry!

Reviewed November 8, 2017

We visit Le Cafe Francais maybe once a year - and, every experience has always been good. My Mom suggested a meal here 2 weeks ago, and my Dad reluctantly agreed (because his 1st choice was too busy). Well, all three of us had great tasting meals / desserts - and, we commented we should pop by more often. Spot on.

Reviewed October 5, 2017

Small (10 tables), intimate restaurant run by a gentleman from Normandy, France (the chef) and his two sons. The sons are engaging, responsive and add to a wonderful atmosphere.

My wife had the salmon with fresh vegetables and I had the Crepe au Vin with salad and fries, and both were excellent as was the Crepe Normande dessert. Wide selection of food choices to suit all tastes, including a dozen or so crepe selections. Two entrees, bottle of wine and dessert for under $100 Canadian is excellent value.
Highly recommend this restaurant. One of those restaurants you will always remember. Wonderful evening!!!

cafefrancaisnanaimo, Propriétaire at Le Cafe Francais, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2017

Thank you again for your visit.

Reviewed October 3, 2017

My husband and I recently moved to Nanaimo and found this place on one of our walks. The meal and the service were great. Our waiter was very fun and engaging. We have been back another time and found the same warm welcoming experience.

cafefrancaisnanaimo, Propriétaire at Le Cafe Francais, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2017

Reviewed September 29, 2017

The food is very good and staff are extremely charming! The room is intimate but it feels like an escape to France. Enjoy the food, wine, and engage with the staff!

cafefrancaisnanaimo, Propriétaire at Le Cafe Francais, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2017