“Disrespectful to customers”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

I had been recommended this visit and have attempted on 3 separate occasions to visit this restaurant. I was made aware that their opening times was somewhat spasmodic so have tried to phone them without ever having received a response. I have checked the website for any updates but failing any updates, I have gone to the restaurant to find it closed. Today, there was a notice on the window saying they were closed until Tuesday and as this has now happened 3 times, I shan't be bothering again. Why don't they put updates on their website and leave recorded messages on their telephone number? Is it ever open? Do they care about their customers at all? A weird way to run a business!!!

Reviewed September 25, 2017

Kasira Thai Fine Cuisine is one of the best Thai places I've gone to. They are generally a better caliber of restaurant in every regard. You can dine on all of your favourite Thai cuisine, or sample one of their chefs special dishes. I tried their Tom Kha soup and Pad Thai, both of which were excellent classics. My son tried the evening special, a seafood combo, and he absolutely loved it. Surprisingly, the biggest and best surprise was their fabulous desserts, which were plentiful, and diverse enough to satisfy every palette. I tried their deep fried ice cream, one of my all time favourite desserts and Kasira makes one of the best with theirs having an umami quality to it that I found particularly satisfying. It's right up there with Ottawa's Mexicali Rosa's, my fave deep fried ice cream. The presentation of Kasira's meals is also superior.

Reviewed June 22, 2017

After many suggested we should try it we stopped in for lunch. Restaurant is not large but was pretty full at 1:00 PM (mostly middle aged patrons). Decor is simple and the restaurant is clean.

Lunch menu was decent but not overly extensive in terms of choice. The most popular dishes were available.

Service was pleasant, laid back and calm.

Having lived in Asia for nearly a decade, we found the food pleasantly presented and flavored but a bit light in the residual impact on the palate. There was no lingering impression that you can find in more local eating establishments.

The portions were adequate but not over large and the flavors very close to authentic but less intense and complex.

The spicing levels, in our opinion, were over estimated, three chili peppers was, if anything, only about mid-range but maybe OK for those not used to more heat. Definitely not "Thai spicy" (to be fair we did not ask for that and will the next time).

Prices were good and overall it was a nice meal.

For lunch, nothing to rave about but nothing to complain about either. We will come back.

1  Thank Brian G
Reviewed June 2, 2017 via mobile

For 15 bucks of chicken red thai curry
5 piece broccoli 4 cubes red pepper
Slices cucumber yup..not zucchini
6 miniscule thin slices chicken ..say 1/2 oz
Watery weak 6oz bowl of diluted weak flavourless cheap coconut curry? Probably
Fake chicken powder and water..and comes with a scoop of rice..SORRY
50 CENTS WOTH OF FOOD OF FAKE THAI
IF THEY WERE REALLT STREET OF THAI
IM SURE THEY WOULD BE OUT OF BUSINESS
SAYS SO MUCH OF THE UNKNOWING APPRAISERS OF THIS RIPP OFF FAKE
AND NO FRIENDLY SERVICE DUMP

3  Thank Gary M
Reviewed April 27, 2017

It was just ok. I had green curry and he had an eggplant dish. The kitchen was really slow and we waited for ages for both appetizers and main. I wouldn't go back