“Best Nanaimo Bar in Nanaimo!!”
Review of Mon Petit Choux

Mon Petit Choux
Ranked #9 of 323 Restaurants in Nanaimo
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: We make all our breads and pastries using organic flour, butter and sugar. our eggs are from a local farm and our coffee is from Drumroaster in Duncan. We serve delicious breakfast and lunch using only high quality ingredients in a relax and friendly atmosphere
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I have eaten all my life, never loved French cuisine So when I started the Nanaimo bar trail I was apprehensive about this one.
It was light and airy with serious taste and contrast. it was everything I wanted and nothing I didn't. Best Nanaimo bar in a Town called Nanaimo

1  Thank BCPedalPusher

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Simple fresh food fast with a fresh French flair. My favourite meal is the scrambled eggs with creme fraiche & lox, hashbrowns, fresh fruit, and a piece of baguette. And a caramel latte.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

We traveled to Nanaimo, BC in search of a highly rated breakfast place that looked like a dump. So we opted for this place. What a surprise. Food is always freshly made and from the best ingredients. The bakery goods are to die for. price was very reasonable and we loved it so much that we returned the next day (two hours drive from Victoria) to enjoy their baked goods once again.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

Had a fabulous lunch, their own bread, and the treats are not to be missed so arrive hungry. Great place for a working lunch.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

I stopped into Mon Petit Choux while visiting Nanaimo for a coffee and, of course, a Nanaimo Bar. The coffee was great and the Nanaimo Bar was the best that we had during our visit. While we did not try every place on the Nanaimo Bar Trail, we did visit quite a few and sampled each of the top ranked variants. Of all of them, this was our favourite. It is much lighter and creamier than the others as opposed to being dense and too sweet. I would highly recommend you try this restaurant, even if only for an afternoon snack.

1  Thank mmmuffins