1,820 results
All reviews minnoz restaurant great view parking garage room service small balcony harbour view downtown nanaimo front desk staff hotel restaurant very nice hotel great room central location comfortable beds chaise conference ian elevator
Reviewed April 4, 2018

This is my favourite hotel in Nanaimo, Stay there everytime I go as I love the view of the harbour and location to the seawall and all its ammenities. The rooms are modern, bright, large and clean. Everything is up to date, large TV, comfortable beds and modern bathrooms. Really enjoyed breakfast and a Saturday night dinner with my son at the restauarant - such pleasant staff. A really enjoyable time again!

Room tip: A tiny bit noisy with the adjoining room. As long as the neighbor goes to bed at a decent hour, no problem.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

I called this hotel a few weeks ago to book a room for my wife and I. The person who took my reservation was extremely rude. After speaking to her I almost changed my mind. I decided there wasn't much more in the area so I kept my reservation. When we arrived to the hotel last night we were greeted by a friendly Asian lady (sorry didn't catch your name). She showed us our room and a basic room both of which were beautiful And very clean! I was very impressed with this hotel. I had the romance suite and it had the most amazing view of the harbor. The bed was VERY comfortable and the pillows to die for. They also had full size bath towels in great condition. I would highly recommend staying here and will be returning myself!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2018

This may be the last bastion of civilization before you head off in the wilds of Vancouver Island.

The location is perfect as it is just steps from the unique shops in the area and, more importantly, Nanaimo's pick of the better restaurants.

The hotel has a Conference Room for that Corporate team building experience (maybe a good time to re-watch Glen Garry, Glen Ross) as well as a Business Center (which is basically a computer to download a boarding pass if you can't figure out how to do that on your phone yet).

There is a Gym/Spa for when you're fatigued from team building or overdid at the breakfast buffet.

The staff was wonderful. Lovely people who effortlessly make you feel at home. No question is too lame and their patience was inexhaustible.

Your room comes with free Wifi in case you can't stop checking your Facebook and Instagram for "Likes", and photos of your "Friends" morose and sullen Cat, and those shots of someone you don't know with their morose and sullen grandkids.

Room 1409 was particularly nice. Spotlessly clean, it had a King Bed, cold Fridge, two fluffy Robes, piles of fresh towels, and a magnificent 180 degree view of the Bay. Okay, the pillows were a little thick, but then pillows in a hotel are like relationships. You look for the ideal or simply make the best of it for the night you'll be there.

The hotel was reasonably reasonable into the bargain.

It's hard to believe there is a better choice for your stay in Nanaimo.

Room tip: 1409 was very nice with a great view from one window.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ronald W
Reviewed April 1, 2018

Very clean and comfortable hotel. Very central and located in downtown Nanaimo. Very convenient to the harbour terminal as you can walk up from the landing terminal. Also a very short drive from the ferry terminal.

Room tip: Always clean and comfortable
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels
Reviewed March 31, 2018

Spent one night in Nanaimo for work and stayed here. Great place with amazing views of the city and river.

The front desk staff were very welcoming and friendly. The bar/restaurant were wonderful.

Parking was easily accessible and close. I'd recommend this place for anyone staying in Nanaimo.

Trip type: Travelled on business