“Dive charter to HMCS Saskatchewan and Snake Island wall”

Nanaimo Dive Outfitters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Nanaimo Dive Outfitters and Shepherd Charters provide scuba diving and snorkeling lessons, tours, charters, sales and service to people from all over the world. Dive and stay packages are available. BC has the best cold water diving in the world with unique sealife. Nanaimo offers some of the best shore access as well as boat trips. NDO can provide equipment and a guide to help you enjoy whatever underwater experience you desire. From shore snorkel trips and scuba diving to boat charters to go snorkeling with the seals or scuba diving, there is something for everyone. The Shepherd is our 33ft aluminum dive boat that can take you to some great dive spots including walls, reefs, and artificial reefs or wrecks. She has a large covered deck, storage space below the benches and over head nets for dry storage, an awesome dive ladder, and a marine head.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed June 5, 2018

Dives this weekend exceeded my expectations. Boat is perfect for divers. Easy ladder to climb and Capt. Steve gives good instructions on how to navigate to wall and what to see. Both sites had good visibility and lots of marine life. Looking forward to more dives in the future with NDO/Shepherd.

Date of experience: June 2018
DiveNanaimo, Owner at Nanaimo Dive Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2018

Thanks George. It was a pleasure having you aboard and we look forward to your next visit. There are many more great sites to show you and even when you do a site again, different marine life will catch your attention.

All reviews
"great diving"
"nanoose bay"
"great afternoon"

Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

As always, safe and reliable. We will absolutely use Nanaimo Dive Outfitters and the Sea Shepard again and will recommend to others thinking of diving Vancouver Island.
Good cookies too.

Date of experience: June 2018

Thanks Phil - I slaved over those cookies just for you and your group. It was a fun group and glad the visibility was good for you. The Shepherd is ready to go whenever you are.

Reviewed May 29, 2018

Jay was my guide for the day and he was fantastic! I had so much fun and saw so many things (Jay even found me a Giant Pacific Octopus!!). As an operation, I was super impressed with Nanaimo Dive Outfitters (Shirley was great and very helpful with all my questions and concerns). Very professional and friendly. I would highly recommend this outfit for any and all diving you plan to do in this area!

Date of experience: May 2018
DiveNanaimo, Owner at Nanaimo Dive Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2018

Thanks so much for your kind words. I know Jay had lots of fun diving with you and I really enjoyed meeting you. I know we are going to see more of you so can't wait to show you more of the diving we have around Nanaimo.

Reviewed April 30, 2018

I've had the opportunity to dive on the Sea Shepard on two occasions with Captain Steve at the helm. A well run operation to the last drop :). Steve is polite, professional and extremely helpful. He doesn't miss a beat. I'd highly recommend Nanaimo Dive Outfitters for all your equipment, training and charter needs!

Date of experience: April 2018
DiveNanaimo, Owner at Nanaimo Dive Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2018

Thanks Michel. It is always a pleasure to have you aboard the Shepherd when you are out our way. You always "brighten" our day.

See more reviews
Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

Took my open water course with nanaimo dive outfitters, this being my first time diving i felt the where very friendly and proffesional.the made me feel very comfortable in the gear and and in the pool training. They also took us to various locations around nanaimo and nanoose bay and saw many beautiful creatures. All in all it was and awsome experience and would recommend it to anyone looking to start there adventure diving!

Date of experience: June 2017
DiveNanaimo, Owner at Nanaimo Dive Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2018

We always enjoy introducing people to the under water world and the marine life that abounds on our area and in the oceans around the world. We are very glad that you enjoyed your course and we really look forward to seeing you back in the water learning more skills and more about the marine life and the role we play in protecting it.