Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Review Highlights
Dive Instruction

Both my 13 and 15 year old children have taken courses from Shirley and her staff. Their... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Shawn S
Port Alberni, Canada
via mobile
Interesting cold water diving experience

We took a two-dives trip with NDO. The communication was smooth from the very beginning, we agreed... read more

Reviewed September 30, 2018
Viki2054
Prague, Czech Republic

All reviews dry suit captain steve snake island cold water diving wolf eels boat charter open water course scuba training giant pacific octopus underwater world beautiful creatures diving experience swim with the seals cape breton great diving nanoose bay great afternoon
Reviewed June 26, 2018

It was a great experience with amazing wildlife encounters. Very peaceful on the water. The boat is very comfortable and the dive ladder is easy to climb. The captain is very knowledgeable and extremely helpful. They did a great job catering to all skill levels as well.

Date of experience: June 2018
DiveNanaimo, Owner at Nanaimo Dive Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2018

It was great to have you both aboard. I hope you got a few good photos. I wish we had our camera on you to take pictures of your adventure. Hopefully we can do it next time. Thanks for coming out with us.

Reviewed June 5, 2018

Dives this weekend exceeded my expectations. Boat is perfect for divers. Easy ladder to climb and Capt. Steve gives good instructions on how to navigate to wall and what to see. Both sites had good visibility and lots of marine life. Looking forward to more dives in the future with NDO/Shepherd.

Date of experience: June 2018
DiveNanaimo, Owner at Nanaimo Dive Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2018

Thanks George. It was a pleasure having you aboard and we look forward to your next visit. There are many more great sites to show you and even when you do a site again, different marine life will catch your attention.

Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

As always, safe and reliable. We will absolutely use Nanaimo Dive Outfitters and the Sea Shepard again and will recommend to others thinking of diving Vancouver Island.
Good cookies too.

Date of experience: June 2018

Thanks Phil - I slaved over those cookies just for you and your group. It was a fun group and glad the visibility was good for you. The Shepherd is ready to go whenever you are.

Reviewed May 29, 2018

Jay was my guide for the day and he was fantastic! I had so much fun and saw so many things (Jay even found me a Giant Pacific Octopus!!). As an operation, I was super impressed with Nanaimo Dive Outfitters (Shirley was great and very helpful with all my questions and concerns). Very professional and friendly. I would highly recommend this outfit for any and all diving you plan to do in this area!

Date of experience: May 2018
DiveNanaimo, Owner at Nanaimo Dive Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2018

Thanks so much for your kind words. I know Jay had lots of fun diving with you and I really enjoyed meeting you. I know we are going to see more of you so can't wait to show you more of the diving we have around Nanaimo.

Reviewed April 30, 2018

I've had the opportunity to dive on the Sea Shepard on two occasions with Captain Steve at the helm. A well run operation to the last drop :). Steve is polite, professional and extremely helpful. He doesn't miss a beat. I'd highly recommend Nanaimo Dive Outfitters for all your equipment, training and charter needs!

Date of experience: April 2018
DiveNanaimo, Owner at Nanaimo Dive Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2018

Thanks Michel. It is always a pleasure to have you aboard the Shepherd when you are out our way. You always "brighten" our day.