“Pho Boi”

Pho Boi
Ranked #127 of 347 Restaurants in Nanaimo
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed July 20, 2016 via mobile

My first time eating Vietnamese. I loved it. I found the food to be extremely fresh, nicely presented and delicious. After telling our waitress that I was a first-timer she was very helpful in describing different dishes, the spiciness and taste of the sauces and what most first-timers seem to enjoy the most. The restaurant was clean, service quick and friendly and the prices, reasonable. Will definitely be back!!!

1  Thank Carol P

Reviewed June 27, 2016

We usually nip in to Pho Boi for lunch during our shopping excursions in the north end of Nanaimo. A couple of Sundays ago we all went as a family. Upon entering, I notice about 5 tables were still stacked with dirty dishes from previous patrons and only one server visible. My mind immediately clicked to 'wow, they have been slammed with customers'. The server took a minute to acknowledge me and said I could choose my own seat. I noted that the tables by the windows were either taken or dirty. She pointed to a table across from the washroom...oh, well. We received tea and menus and then she disappeared. A few minutes later she appeared to be clearing couple of plates off of 3 different tables. She did finally clear all of them and proceeded to walk around with a rag and a spray bottle. I don't know what the spray bottle was for because she never used it on the tables and she dropped the cloth she was using to wipe the tables onto the floor about 3 times. I tried to get her attention a couple of times and finally after about 15 minutes after we had seated, she took our order. Other tables were filled again and another server came on shift or from her break. After our appetizer arrived our server came to inform us that the dish my husband ordered had been off the menu since the night before. My husband asked to see the menu again to so he could reorder. She retrieved a menu and walked away without a word. That was the last time we saw her. Our meal arrived but without any main dish for my husband as his order was never taken. Our daughter and I shared our meals and we made do with the lukewarm soups. My husband went up to pay and noted that his order was still on the bill. The second server who served him at the till asked how his meal was to which he replied he didn't know since he never received his. Although his meal charge was taken off with ambivalence, he had the satisfaction of tipping one penny due to rounding up. Noted also was the sorry state of the washrooms...dirty, no paper towels in the women's and no soap in the men's. We used to love coming here...we will make the drive down to Bowen Rd to a better restaurant.

1  Thank luna_myste
Reviewed May 15, 2016 via mobile

Nice place to go after a party, really good for a hungover, haha the plates and bowls are huge good to share, prices are accessible if you are in a budge, service is friendly and fast.

Reviewed February 20, 2016

I ate here for lunch a couple days ago. The Pho was okay, broth lacked flavor and was a bit salty but noodles were cooked perfectly and the bean sproats were fresh. Service was okay at first. Our orders were taken promptly and food came out fast but we looked around aimlessly for someone to ask for our bill. Would eat here again though because its close to my place but I would drive down to Huong Lan for any serious Vietnamese cuisine

Reviewed January 23, 2016

I visited this place on and off for about 2 years.. Pho is not very good.
Restaurant itself is spacious and clean, staff is nice, portion is large but the pho is very bland and really, the broth lacks and flavour whatsoever.. Won't be visiting anymore.