Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Top Notch Dive Shop

My husband and I came to visit Nanaimo and wanted to take a dry suit course while there. We looked... read more

Reviewed September 29, 2018
rallemeier
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Awesome time

My partner and I went and learned to Scuba dive and how to use a dry suit in a week and change. We... read more

Reviewed June 18, 2018
Nathan D
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We couldn't spend time in Nanaimo without seeing our favorite divers. Of course this time we had our 2 year old who was just as excited about all the great gear as we were. What a wonderful chance to catch up with such great people. We still have our fingers crossed that we'll be able to go on an international dive with you guys.....bucket list!!

Shelagh R, Owner at Sink or Swim Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Wouldn't a big group trip be fun? Sounds great! We enjoyed catching up with you and Owen. Miss seeing you two more often, but really glad you dropped by.
Shelagh

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I was visiting Vancouver Island on vacation & needed a place to rent a drysuit & scuba equipment. Ray was very helpful on the phone, & he reserved my spot on the "Sea Dragon" dive boat. When I arrived in town, Ray and Shelagh were extremely friendly, helpful, & provided clear explanations about care & use of the equipment. They rotate their stock every year or so, so everything I rented was in great condition. They took the time to make sure I had everything I needed for a successful day of diving. They obviously care about their shop & reputation, & I will wholeheartedly recommend them. They have an annual poker dive fundraiser every September, so that gives me incentive to return & dive with them again!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I have been diving for almost 10 years and am a Rescue Diver with PADI. I have used SOS on numerous occasions. They have excellent instructors who are very committed to teaching and safety. They provide excellent service for air/nitrox fills and have worked late on many occasions to accommodate dive groups and individuals. They also have several excellent divemasters who lead regular local dives, allowing newer divers the opportunity to continue diving with support from experienced divers. The rental equipment is VERY up to date and good quality. You will not go wrong if you use this excellent dive shop. Ray and Shelagh are wonderful to work with and committed to service!