“Our experience with 'sink or swim' exceeded our expectations!”
Review of Sink or Swim Scuba

Sink or Swim Scuba
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a PADI 5 star scuba shop. Learn with us, dive with us all year round. Hire a Dive master for a personal tour of our favorite dive sites. Upgrade your open water certification to an advanced or dry suit course. We'd like to show you why Vancouver Island is rated a top ten dive destination year after year.
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We are a family of four and we had our own program tailored to our needs. Our instructor was first class - patient and professional. I was never uncomfortable or anxious for my children at any time. We all went away excited and ready for the next diving experience. Thank you so much Ray, Shelagh , Todd , Jill , and Gerry !

shelaghricher, Owner at Sink or Swim Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

We are so happy you enjoyed your PADI open water course with us. We look forward to all of you returning for some fun dives and/or upgrading your dive skills and experience with some more PADI courses.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We couldn't spend time in Nanaimo without seeing our favorite divers. Of course this time we had our 2 year old who was just as excited about all the great gear as we were. What a wonderful chance to catch up with such great people. We still have our fingers crossed that we'll be able to go on an international dive with you guys.....bucket list!!

Shelagh R, Owner at Sink or Swim Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Wouldn't a big group trip be fun? Sounds great! We enjoyed catching up with you and Owen. Miss seeing you two more often, but really glad you dropped by.
Shelagh

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I was visiting Vancouver Island on vacation & needed a place to rent a drysuit & scuba equipment. Ray was very helpful on the phone, & he reserved my spot on the "Sea Dragon" dive boat. When I arrived in town, Ray and Shelagh were extremely friendly, helpful, & provided clear explanations about care & use of the equipment. They rotate their stock every year or so, so everything I rented was in great condition. They took the time to make sure I had everything I needed for a successful day of diving. They obviously care about their shop & reputation, & I will wholeheartedly recommend them. They have an annual poker dive fundraiser every September, so that gives me incentive to return & dive with them again!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I have been diving for almost 10 years and am a Rescue Diver with PADI. I have used SOS on numerous occasions. They have excellent instructors who are very committed to teaching and safety. They provide excellent service for air/nitrox fills and have worked late on many occasions to accommodate dive groups and individuals. They also have several excellent divemasters who lead regular local dives, allowing newer divers the opportunity to continue diving with support from experienced divers. The rental equipment is VERY up to date and good quality. You will not go wrong if you use this excellent dive shop. Ray and Shelagh are wonderful to work with and committed to service!