See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I have been to some hostels before, mainly HI-international hostels. Necol hostel is just like the HI-hostels in terms of safety and great amount of travel information offered, it is different from other hostels for its super cozy and homey rooms (the common room is just lovely)
I met great people here - sharing stories, cooking together, hanging out together....and It is also so affordable!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stayed one night with friends. Met nice tenants Moni. She gave us all the information we need in Nanaimo. Unfortunately, we only stayed one night, so did not have the chance to try everything.
with the price I paid for, the is the best place I can find in Nanaimo.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 11, 2013

A very welcoming environment, run by internationally experienced people. A little garden with ocean view, a small kitchen and a common room create a warm athmosphere where helpful and inspiring acquaintances are easily found.
While rooms and facilities offer very basic comfort, the place has the charm of a selfmade and creative hostel, ideal for backpacker on tight budget.
We enjoyed our stay very much, the landlady helped with our trip wherever she could. We'd definitely come back again!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed at the Nicol street international Hostel for almost two weeks
I was made to feel so totally welcome here! :) the tenants are very nice got along very good with everyone had a lot of fun kinda sad tho to leave but am planning on a trip back here
the owner and operater of the hostel is very kind and generous i stayed in the women's dorm area and beds are so comfy! :) nice and clean in an older cozy home! bright and cheerful! and probly the cheapest rates!!! at only 20.00 a night for a dorm setting,10.00 camping onsite,and for a private room set with a living room,piano,tv(cable) for everyone! private rooms only 50.00 a nite
an awesome nice setting overlooking the harbor a beautiful place to stay with close to shopping and restaurants! :)
loved it and like i said i loved it
left by angela <3

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Spent a night at this hostel in October and if I had spent a night during the summertime perhaps my review would be more favorable due to the ocean view. However, I hardly slept as the bed I was in was really soft and worn and the bed frame was lower to the floor than what I am used to. Other beds in the female dorm were higher. Not much room for luggage in the female dorm with three beds in it but at least they are not bunk beds. Found information on the wall to be interesting but some to be really dated and not applicable to travelers who want information on current information. But yes, it's up to the traveler to seek that out. Shower in the house was more like a mist and some mold on the tiles in the shower. Hostel too close to a main road and found it noisy in the morning to sit in the living room. Enjoyed the relaxed feeling that the living room offers though.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple