“Awesome breakfast and lunch”

Gabriel's Gourmet Cafe
Ranked #5 of 342 Restaurants in Nanaimo
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Cuisines: Fusion, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Loved everything! Very popular, atmosphere a little noisy but worth it. The #4 ham and avocado egg English muffin had an awesome Chipotle mayo sauce. #9 pulled pork sandwich and #10 lemongrass beef sandwiches were excellent. Salmon burger had a good size piece of salmon but could have used more flavor with the sauce. Plan to go back for lunch but just noticed prices went up about $2 for sandwiches.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

My friend treated me to brunch here on the weekend. We ordered the basic bacon and eggs and it was very good and perfectly prepared. What I don't like is that they want you to order before finding a table, which left people standing around holding numbers, waiting like vultures for you to finish and leave so they could have your table, so there isn't much chance to sit and relax and enjoy a leisurely brunch. It is very busy and very noisy and the parking sucks - I hate having to pay for parking blocks away. Pretty much everything contains cheese or yogurt, which for me is a turnoff since I dislike dairy. On the plus side, all the food is local, fresh and extremely well prepared. The portion size is decent, the price is comparable to other places, and the staff friendly and smiling. And the coffee is excellent.

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

Breakfast/brunch is almost always good although a few times has been a bit unsatisfactory. However I recently had a smoked tuna benny with arugula that was the best eggs I have ever had. I love that weekends offer a special benny.

Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch ... grabbed a menu and a table ... then sent one person up to order. It was busy and we had read reviews that it can be tough to get a table. Very tasty food ... green curry chicken and pulled pork sandwiches. Really filling and tasty lunch without much wait.

Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

Despite its pleasant interior and positive first impression, I left here wanting to kill myself. The young lady who welcomed me looked like I had pissed on her and made me feel as welcome as a pile.

I really would recommended going elsewhere unless you want to ruin your day. Oh, and by the way, the place doesn’t run tabs. I think that’s Nanaimo speak for “hello and welcome”

3  Thank PKeene