“OK food...”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2017

Interesting menu and presentation: really old-fashioned. Reminded me of going to a restaurant back in the 60's: salad was skimp, meal was ok but small portions. Special cocktail was the highlight: a Nanaimo-bar concoction which was great, if not a bit pricey.

1  Thank Darrell M

Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

Steak was good. Lobster tail good but small. The side salad and bread need an update along with the decor. Used a gift certificate so good way to try the place but won't be back.

Reviewed August 8, 2017

Stopped in for lunch today, my wife had a craving for their 'Stuffed Mushroom Caps'!!

Service is always served up with a smile and my wife loved her caps lol

Reviewed July 27, 2017 via mobile

I have to start off by saying to John the owner I am sorry you have ever gotten any bad reviews on your food as they are bologna your food was amazingly tasty.
It was a classic offering of steak and sea food the night we were there. The mushroom caps were done to perfection and the way they are meant to be made. My New York strip was the best tasting I have had in a long time nicely aged and hand cut. The portion was more then I could eat. My wife had the sea food platter which was very good as well. Everything from the starters, salads, sides and mains were great and a very nice selections for the kids menu both of ours opted for the ribs which they very much enjoyed. A big thank you to the staff they were very attentive as well. If you are going to be anywhere near Nanaimo make sure you go and enjoy this classic steak and seafood restaurant with its classic menu and you won't go wrong!

2  Thank Wesmail
Reviewed July 24, 2017 via mobile

We went to the bold knight with a group of us and it was pretty quiet in the restaurant. Our bill was $75 for two entrees, a coffee and a side of fries. The food was mediocre and the server seemed annoyed by us. I've had steak and salmon here before, I wasn't impressed either time. Not somewhere I would choose

1  Thank Nyilley