“Avoid”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 September 2017

This restaurant is in the lower 10% of all the restaurants that we have visited. It is clearly in need of renovation and it immediately gave us a "grungy" feeling when we entered. Should have left but decided to try it. Serving staff look unkempt, shirts half tucked in, running shoes etc. Daily menu special on separate well worn sheet which was soiled. Salad served with meal looks like it came out of a bag with skimpy portion with one piece cucumber and tomato added. Main course not memorable. Dessert looks like it came out of a box. Server forgot wine order. Beers available did not match beers on menu. Not inexpensive. Not sure what the attraction is; however, not recommended. If you are looking for a steak go to the Keg.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

I took my youngest son to The Bold Knight Restaurant for an early dinner on a Friday evening and we were promptly and courteously seated at a table of our choice. One of the many benefits of arriving early to any restaurant. We ordered New York steaks with baked potato and vegetables, which came with bread and a tossed salad. The rosemary loaf was hot, fresh and delicious with whipped butter. The salad was very good, as was their blue cheese dressing. The steaks were very thick, juicy, flavourful, scrumptious and cooked to order, much to our delight. My son had Steak Oscar and I had peppercorn glaze with mushrooms, both were excellent. The potatoes were hot, buttery and were loaded with ingredients of our choice. Veggies were perfectly hot and crisp. My son had their apple pie for dessert which came with a streusel top, and sides of whipped cream and ice cream and looked awesome. The service was spot on friendly, attentive and warm. I honestly cannot understand the bad reviews. Is it expensive? Seriously? You get what you pay for. Is the atmosphere old school? Yes, it is. Wonderfully. Unashamedly. I haven't been to a restaurant like this in many years. It was amazing. We've found our local Nanaimo steak house, and we'll be back.

2  Thank Alicia M
Reviewed 20 August 2017

Interesting menu and presentation: really old-fashioned. Reminded me of going to a restaurant back in the 60's: salad was skimp, meal was ok but small portions. Special cocktail was the highlight: a Nanaimo-bar concoction which was great, if not a bit pricey.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Steak was good. Lobster tail good but small. The side salad and bread need an update along with the decor. Used a gift certificate so good way to try the place but won't be back.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Stopped in for lunch today, my wife had a craving for their 'Stuffed Mushroom Caps'!!

Service is always served up with a smile and my wife loved her caps lol