“beautiful view”

Lighthouse Bistro and Pub
Ranked #31 of 325 Restaurants in Nanaimo
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Lighthouse Bistro & Pub is the place to meet your friends and colleagues for some of the best food the West Coast has to offer. A variety of unique, fresh seafood dishes are served up at the Bistro, or treat yourself to great traditional fare in our Pub, including fish and chips, specials of the day, mouth watering burgers, grilled seafood, and calamari. Accompanying all our hugely satisfying menus is the finest selection of local craft beer, wine and spirits Vancouver Island has to offer. We support our local vendors such as Hoyne Brewing Company and Vancouver Island Brewery! You can find their products in both the Bistro and Pub! During the summer months you can get the freshest Dungeness Crab in town! Cooked to order and averaging about 1.5 Pounds per crab, this is the best deal in Nanaimo! Like us on Facebook to keep up to date with game times and special promotions. Ask your Server for details. Fantastic Happy Hour Specials starting soon!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

what a great spot for indoor or outdoor eating Plus you can watch the float planes land and take off.
Have had serval lovely meal here as its just a short walk from my sister would highly recommend

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I were visiting Nanaimo looking at possibly moving to the island. We have friends there of whom we have not seen in 21 years and the Lighthouse Bistro and Pub looked like the place to go. Also there was going to be live music. We read the reviews and most were very good. I was looking forward to the Oysters Rockefeller and the clam chowder. The atmosphere was beautiful, and the restaurant was lovely. We had a lovely table by the window, and ordered. The Oysters Rockefeller were perfect! I shared and everyone loved them. When our entrees arrived we were expecting the best..... Unfortunately we were disappointed! My husband has the halibut and fries, and he said the batter was overpowering, and very greasy. My clam chowder was bland, and not a whole lot of clams........ our server was very attentive and pleasant. Perhaps if we move to the island we will go back for lunch!

ThomMcCann, General Manager at Lighthouse Bistro and Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Nloza
Thank you for stopping in and for also taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry the entrees you were served were not to your liking I apologize as this is not our standard. I hope you do move to the Island as I believe it is the best place in the world to live! I also look forward to serving you again and showing you that we are better than your experience. Good luck in your hunting for a place to live and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

We met friends from Nanaimo at the Lighthouse Bistro and Bar for lunch. What a great spot with awesome views of the Habour. I think that there are only tables with a great view of the habour. The food came in a timely fashion and was very well presented. The variety on the menu will please all most everyone. Burgers were hand make and the Ahi Tuna Tacos Appetizer is excellent. Our server was very pleasant, heplful and accommodating.

JNL778
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I never tire of the views and am happy you enjoyed the part of the experience that I have some sway over. We hope to see you again, we also do Brunch on Sundays as well as having live music upstairs in the pub on weekends.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Went to this bistro and pub with an old family friend and was pleasantly surprised from the minute we walked inside. It was definitely more of a bistro setting and the candle light while overlooking the water was a nice touch. We went a bit later in the evening and enjoyed every moment. The service was great, the food was fantastic and the overall vibe of the restaurant was peaceful and intimate. I would go back in a heartbeat with friends and family or even for date night.

britt163
Thank you so much for your kind words. The Bistro in the summer with its amazing views is stunning, thank you for pointing out that as the weather turns and it gets darker early that the experience can be every bit as amazing. We look forward to serving you again whether with a group or on date night.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

We were in a hurry to catch a seaplane flight and the server was very helpful. Three of us had a bowl of their 3 clam chowder, which was wonderful, thick and full of clams, chowder is served with a chunk of bread and butter. We shared an appetizer of calamari, which was wonderful. FYI not open for breakfast but has a Sunday Brunch from 11am -2pm and Lunch or Dinner.

MaryJo49
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am happy you were able to stop in before taking a flight with our amazing neighbours Harbour Air. We hope next time you are through we get the opportunity to serve you again.