“A step up from regular burger chains”
Review of White Spot

White Spot
Ranked #99 of 335 Restaurants in Nanaimo
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: White Spot Restaurants are passionate about fresh, local ingredients & great service. Try award-winning burgers, delicious salads, pastas & more! Open daily for breakfast, lunch, dinner & take out.
Reviewed November 18, 2017

we arrived just before the lunch rush. The service was good and Brunch Burger was very good. The burgers are twice the price of the big burger chains, but worth it as a special treat

1  Thank bigsteve772017

Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

You know what you get going here. It’s a strength and weakness, all depending on your expectations. It’s almost like you’re going to a high end McDonald’s...

It is consistent cooking and decent quality, but there are so many better options out there!

Reviewed October 17, 2017

Yesterday after an appointment downtown, I told Don I would take him for lunch. Due to the crazy one way streets downtown and the very difficult ways to get where we really wanted to go, we took off and tried this restaurant for the first time. Besides I like White Spot, especially if they are clean and cheery.

When we arrived, it wasn’t quite Noon so it wasn’t full. Our delightful server, Val, came over and took our order for beverages and food.

Anyone who knows me knows I don’t try something new every time I go to a restaurant. Since I was 15 years old, the ONLY thing I order is a Monty Mushroom Burger with Extra Sauce and Don teased me, letting me think he was going to order the same thing, but, alas and alack, he ordered the Shrimp sandwich.

While we waited for our lunch to arrive we chatted about whatever came to mind and watching the people start to pour in. When the restaurant is clean, staff are happy and paying attention to their customers, it is a sure sign they will always return. Oh, yeah and the food must be awesome as well.

Don’s sandwich was freaking awesome. So full of whole shrimp, not minced up “guess what it is” filling. Also, he said there were no onions in it. He really enjoyed it but, with a little warning you out there, both our orders were large. So large in fact, the Manager came over to check if the food was okay. We assured him it was but, we were stuffed to the brim. Then, with a smile on his face, he asked us if we wanted dessert. Oh no….

Both the restaurants here are super, one at each end of our City, so you have a choice.

1  Thank Bonnie W
Reviewed October 16, 2017

Stayed in Travelodge just down the road, but they didn't have an attached restaurant. Both my wife and I had quite nice meals, service was really good and not too expensive. Would definately recommond eating there, if ever in the area. They were really busy and meals were brought quite prompt. Great eating experience.

1  Thank Dave M
Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

White Spot has a few favorites - shrimp florentine with poached eggs and yummy smashbrown potatos; chicken tenders always done just right; tasty zucchini sticks and zoo dip, a great appetizer or side dish.