“Not a bad pub”

Hops A Northwest Pub
Ranked #93 of 293 Restaurants in New Westminster
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed September 7, 2018

Hops was recommended by a local, and I think I could see it being a regular stop for me if I were also local. However, there's nothing particularly enchanting or unique about Hops. It's a pub. It gets loud, and crowded, as the night goes on. The staff is pretty attentive, and they have some good late night options for snacks if you need them. My friend and I split some nachos that were pretty decent while he enjoyed some beers.

I will give HUGE kudos to the waitress who had to deal with a particularly drunk trip at the table next to us. She was a CHAMP, even when they spilled a drink and were being obnoxious about it while she cleaned it up.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed August 19, 2018

Dropped in after movie last Sunday with girl fried #2 , ,the Pub ? restaurant ? is so dead ,like a funeral home , no atmosphere ,no life ,no services at all ,but I do not understand their business vision ? Pub open till 11 pm ,the kitchen closed 9 pm , so what happened if you come in 9 pm after the movie or get off the sky train , ,and feel like a snake , so ,you out of luck ! It is a great location by the New Westminster Sky train station on the upper level ,lot of under ground parking , I never see any advertising for these Pub , very low key , the food is mediocre , they been open almost three years or more , I still do not know is a Pub only or restaurant ?// and since three years , the area open so many restaurants ,looks like they have no hope at all !The business should be life ,and progressive ! good luck ,we and a lot of my friends would not go back there ! now I know why !

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank TONY L
Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

What a horrible experience. I popped in for lunch on Monday the 16th of July at a table outside. Since each table outside had full menus on it and no sign to wait to be seated, I sat myself down at a table and waited. And waited. And waited. For over ten minutes until a slow moving waitress appeared.

She took my order, a diet coke with no ice and a burger with no bun. Yes, slightly customized but not rocket science. My diet coke comes shortly, with ice. I say nothing. Ten minutes or so later, my burger comes with a bun. Instead of them remaking it for me, they remove the bun and it's back to me in about a minute. It is not on a plate and so when I cut into the meat and salad I am cutting the paper up on the metal bowl it has come in. Whatever, I'm not a fussy person so I don't say anything (not that I could have anyway, she did not come back to see if it was okay).

She removes the metal bowl and paper once I'm finished and then proceeds to have a ten minute chat with another girl sitting at the table. I am waiting for my bill but she does not look at me once. Another customer from inside has to come outside to ask her for some service. She ends the conversation and goes inside. I look at the time. 2 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes.

I have had enough and take out a $20 and leave it on the table and walk off. As I leave she is running up to me screaming. I tell her I left her money on the table because she wasn't there to give me any service.

Unfortunately did not have any spare change as I did not want to tip this absolute idiot.

Hands down, in all locations I have eaten around the world, this is by far the worst service I have ever received.

Absolutely shocked that this is allowed.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Holly A
Reviewed July 18, 2018

Dropped by at 10:40pm on the way home from rehearsal. Told last call was at 10:30(?!)
Now, Google says open until midnight, as does this TripAdvisor site. Not as advertised, folks!

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Chris D
Reviewed May 21, 2018 via mobile

We tried visiting during lunch hour on a weekday. They would not let us eat there, even at their small empty outside patio seating area, because of our two elementary age boys. I wouldn't recommend any place that does not accomodate a family. Being selective with which customers to give food to feels like a step backwards in a day and place that should be more progressive.

Date of visit: May 2018