“Unique Mexican cuisine ”
Review of El Santo

El Santo
Reserve with OpenTable
El Santo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Description: Contemporary Mexican
Description: Contemporary Mexican
Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

I've been here many times and noticed that they've trimmed the menu to their most popular items which is great. Food is very good and not your usual Mexican taco. Yes they have tacos but more on the gourmet kind. Prices are competitive to other surrounding restaurants in their area. Their drinks are great and service is good. The only complaint I have is the noise level. It doesn't matter where you are seated as the noise level is the same. If your coming for good Mexican flavour that's is beyond tacos, they this is the place. I've always enjoyed coming here. If you are looking for a quiet dinner out, then look elsewhere. I think the noise level brings the actual ambiance to this restaurant.

Reviewed October 26, 2018

Nice restaurant. Lively atmosphere. Great live music and the food is terrific. We had the ceviche, the fish tacos and a really nice boar meat croquette. Everything was really tasty and not too expensive.

Reviewed October 26, 2018

Was told it was worth the trip (by Skytrain) from Vancouver and it certainly was. Staff was great, the food superb and the list of tequila mind-blowing. Highly recommend the Mezcal flights.

Reviewed October 20, 2018

I went their twice with some colleagues for dinner and for lunch. Honestly, I am not a fan of Mexican food and therefore it is a little tough for me to judge the food but for some reason I have always found Mexican food at cafe or fast food style restaurants better than fine food.
The food was ok. Service was fine. The decore was good too with classic bulbs and sort of 60's decore. I would recommend it for once at least and then you can make up your own mind.

Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

I love Mexican food. I have searched, and visited Mexican restaurants from Vancouver to Banff, and have only discovered a single handful of "acceptable" Canadian takes on Mexican food.

I am happy to say El Santos is decent. Not only do they have my favorite tequila, Don Julio 1942, the food is good too. It's a cool little place, loud, busy (at least when I was there), live music, good food, and tasty drinks. I visited once and will return.